Any free applications that would allow to upload large files (4/5 GB) to the cloud?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by MSwhip, Dec 22, 2011.

1. MSwhip

MSwhip Newbie

I am interested in storing videos up in the cloud, most of the known software wont allow transfers of individual files larger than 2 GB. Is there a free way to circumvent this limitation? As I understand there are 2 possible bottlenecks. Limitation to individual file size, AND limitation of total individual transfers even if each and every file is under 2 GB.

I would appreciate any knowledgeable answers on these particular issues I do have sites that accept up to 50 GB storage space. Yahoo mail even takes limitless BUT all places that I know of wont let you transfer over 2GB per file

Thank you

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I'm not sure about this... but I don't think FTP clients have any size limits, so if you can FTP to the cloud server, then you should be able to upload any file of any size.

3. oliverpowell

oliverpowell Newbie

I have tested Windows live sky(skydrive.live.com) drive and gives rating 5 out of 5.
    you can store and share up to 25 GB of data free of cost. All you need to have is just a live ID to login and to upload your data.
    Except this, I have also found 3 more sites where you can store up to 10 GB of data free of cost,
    idrive(dot)com
    humyo(dot)com
    binfire(dot)com.

But i would recommend to use Windows sky drive which is convenient to use and safe to share.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011