Anyone been to Queensland, AU?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ishtim, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Wife & I are planning on going for the total eclipse/Anniversary trip to the Cairns, QLD area. Any pointers? *wait* :haha: :thumb:

Looks like 6 hr flight to LA then some (I'd rather poke needles in my eyes, hope to be drugged, lose a day of you life, no novel that good, too many in-flight "old" movies, Mile high club 7X in one flight :shock: , 3 nasty meal, ride over the pacific in CRAP class.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I've never been to Australia, but ipad or any tablet is an excellent in flight entertainment, especially long flights. :thumb:

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I had been to Brisbane and Gold Coast at Christmas month many years back. Fun place, I'd say. :)

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

If that's bad, think of how bad it can really get if you are going with KIDS!!! :haha: :haha:

Seriously, that time we went to Melbourne (Ryan was just 18 months old), he was crying almost all the way. I really felt like throwing him out the window. LOL!!!

Chai's right about the iPad. I bought the iPad in Melbourne that trip (it just arrived!) and it kept Ryan quiet all the way home.

On the other hand, there was a mother whose little boy cried throughout most of that trip. Like me, she spent most of the time cuddling him and cooing at him near one of the exits. I can't help but notice her looking anxiously at the exit... just like I did the previous trip! LOL!!!

5. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Ipad really save my day in long haul flights. Make sure u packs some battery packs :p