Anyone has CleanUp.exe?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Adrian Wong, May 22, 2005.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

beats me .. i dont have that file :think:

does peaz has it ?

its on your laptop right ? :think:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yup. Only in my laptop. :think:

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

4. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. The thing is if it's a Novell tool, the company name should be listed as Novell.

The company name of adi is highly suspicious. Also, it doesn't come with an icon. It just has a generic executable icon.

5. mackerelq

mackerelq Newbie

I opened the .exe file in notepad, and I saw some recognizeable text toward the end identifying that this file belongs to the installation program for an Analog Devices (adi) Soundmax sound card. Probably the installation file cleanup utility.

Enjoy.

6. Winpatrol alert - new Starup, adi CleanUp AND adi DSndUp

Stumbled into this thread by googling "adi CleanUp". Hope I can help shed some light.

Well, this is a new system and I just added spanking new WinXP install, Winpatrol, Sygate Firewall (just do not digg ZA) :p , AVG Free Antivirus, Ewido, MS Antispyware, Spy-bot, Ad-aware, Spywareblaster, etc. Everything was installed from a CDR, in other words, I had protection up and running in a new clean system. After checking all my startup files and defraging, I went on to install the Drivers from the Dell Resource CD. :cry: (yes, this was a resintall of a Dell PC.

Anyways, when installing the audio drivers winpatrol flagged the following starup programs: adi CleanUp AND adi DSndUp...so it seems to me that this programs are used to clean up after updates and new installation.

7. Adrian Wong

Eh, how did I miss this post? :doh:

Thanks, mackerelq!!! :beer:

8. Adrian Wong

Yeah, looks like it. Thanks for the feedback!!! :thumb:

9. StwenA2

StwenA2 Newbie

What has happened there is...

...you probably did what I have done and that may have been downloaded SoundMax drivers from Dell.com, and extracted the files, possibly with a download manager, but the extracted files extracted to a few folders in the download location.
    I have just found the many Soundmax files and folders in the download location so I searched for adi and found this thread.
    I located all the Soundmax files and out them into what I think may be the initial downloaded folder hoping I will not need to download the drivers again.
    The Soundmax download is for Dell onboard sound chipset. They are good drivers for a good chipset, imo.