Anyone knows how to bypass DansGuardian's security firewall??

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by vccy118, Apr 20, 2005.

1. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

:pray: Who can teach me how to bypass DansGuardian??? Plz help me... I need to access into Friendster.com in my school but the domain had been banned by the IT department. Any help will be most appreciated. :pray:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

An alternative method of accessing friendster is via their domain IP unless DansGuardian filtering methods includes IP filtering as well however my advice to you is, if it's blocked then you shouldn't be circumventing it in the first place or you might get yourself into unnecessary trouble. Cheerz

3. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

o...thx....but i still need to access into Friendster to retrieve my mssgs... I dunno why it is blocked coz it doesnt contain any unsuitable materials. Can teach me how to use IP to access Friendster??

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

the ip is 209.11.168.242 :haha:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Friendster is primarily used for 'entertainment' purposes, just like why IMs are blocked at most places.

6. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

Thx, zy!!!! the ip got me through DansGuardian into Friendster but i cannot login. The message "This web site uses Cookies to log you in. Please ensure that Cookies are enabled in your browser, and then try again." came up after i key in my ID and password. What i should do now?

7. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

Yea, Friendster is for entertainment purpose if you look from one angle, but the main purpose is still for communication, don't you agree? Anyway I only use Friendster for its messaging, there's nothing illegal to it, i assure you.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  8. Chai

There's nothing illegal about Friendster, so are all the IMs. If it's nothing aiding in productivity, they will block. No questions asked.

9. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

Whatever la...The problem is the university is so out of civilization's reach, the housing area around doesn't even have a fixed telephone line and also no wireless connectivity. So all the online activities have to be done in the com lab....no other choice. I just need to gain access into Friendster, that's all.

10. Goofy

Goofy ARP Reviewer

Maybe you could install another browser or basically access the site without using IE. Or run a script to enable cookies.

11. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

yay!! thx guys!!!! RojakPot is the best!

12. Goofy

Goofy ARP Reviewer

lol, Adrian and the gang will be glad to hear it! :D

13. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

haha, actually, one of his "gang" member recommended me this forum. I used to refer to Low Yatt when i need additional info on computers, but that was b4.

1 person likes this.
  14. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

DAMN!!! FireFox also can't be used to access Friendster. The message "This web site uses Cookies to log you in. Please ensure that Cookies are enabled in your browser, and then try again." still comes up although I enabled cookies in FireFox. Is there any way to fix this problem??

15. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

hmm....can you try edit the cookies settings in internet options panel?? :confused:

control panel-> internet options->privacy
    scroll down to web sites and click on edit button, then edit the cookies settings from there.... :shifty:

i doubt that u can just change the settings because you're not logged in as administrator...... :shifty:

16. Chai

It's got nothing to do with the browser or the cookie settings.

You need to login to the website using the proper URL, because that's how the cookie works.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  17. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

how to say login using the problem URL?? I am quite noob in this kind of thing. :p

18. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

koko chai, teach me pls... :p
    but i can still login even though the website sometimes say the samething about my cookies?? :confused:

vccy118: love your avatar!! my thief is still stuck at lvl 32!!! mom banned gaming... :p

19. *Rant from an IT guy

We block URLs for reasons, many of them because they have casued issues on computers that we have wasted countless hours fixing. Or... Administration has told us to do so. So if you get caught you will have one P*$$ed off IT guy riding your butt until you graduate.

Because the URL is blocked at the firewall there is no way to get around it. Even if you go directly to the IP address, the web page coding and cookies all call for the URL name not the IP address. As the page tries to access more info it will be blocked.

All the warnings aside...

You said you installed Firefox, so now all you need to do is:
    Now a few things you should know
    • A proxy works as follows: The computer you are on connects to the proxy IP (outside computer) then the proxy will access friendster and send the info back to you. You are only accessing that computer so the IT dept, has no idea where you are going. Unless the have screen viewers installed.
    • Your IT department can block a proxy IP, but with so many at your disposal you can just switch to a new one in less than 1 second.
    • A proxy will slow down your web browsing some will be verry slow
    • CHANGE YOU FRIENDSTER PASSWORD OFTEN You are accessing all your info through another computer therfor it is sending out your username and password for you. Generally there are no risks, but you never know.

20. vccy118

vccy118 Newbie

Thx Giraffe X Hunter for the info!! But the message "The connection was refused when attempting to contact the proxy server you have configured. Please check your proxy settings and try again." What i should do to fix this problem?? (Sorry coz i keep bugging you guys for help :p)