anyone using LCD TV as monitor?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sunsetbay, Oct 24, 2005.

1. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

saw a Hyundai 27" LCD TV selling less than S$1400 or US$826 or RM$3,119! resolution is 1024x768, HDTV with DVI input. couldn't find the spec on the net but do u guys think it's advisable to use LCD TV as PC monitor?? :silenced: :silenced:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Not recommended at all since it's only a low res display, not even close to HD resolution...

3. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

guess i hv to drop the idea.... :(

any 19" LCD to recommend instead? :wave:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Dell? :thumb:

5. SilentBotts

SilentBotts Newbie

I've got a nice Benq 19' LCD that I'm completely happy with. I think that they've released a newer modle since I bought this one.
    Mine is the FP91G+ Benq rates it as 8ms. I paid a little under 300$ US, the color is perfect and the image quality in game and on the desktop is great, it isn't the best for DVDs though, but a 19inch at 8ms for that price is insane.

6. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

managed to take pics on the hyundai LCD! it's S$1388 or US$821.20 or RM$3,121.40. 27" LCDTV, resolution is 1280x768 instead the earlier stated. the design was quite nice with the transparent glass frame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:wave:

7. Plasma_Man

Plasma_Man Newbie

It looks unbelievably cool :faint: , but it's a bit too small, after trying 42" there's no going back :shifty: