aren't AMDs a nice budget CPU

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by goldfries, Apr 17, 2003.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

u see :D that's the power of branding and marketing your brand :D all business would do that and its curcial for a business to be successful.

however, we as consumers must also take our responsibility to educate ourselves with the brands... must balance both sides...

but here in asia, the people generally tend to not do any research before buying anything.. just follow... everything also follow...

2. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

another point to add.

people get familiar with brands related to items of daily use much better than items that are 'alien' to them, therefore they're more inclined to educate themselves in regards to such brands.

people use toothpaste everyday, so they'll get familirize much easier. same goes to noodles or even shampoo and other stuff of daily use.

the mentality for computers is different IMHO. it's not a daily use stuff to many people. i've met CEOs of various companies that only know how to call for help when Windows gives some problem. since computers are not an everyday use thing, and even if they use they don't know what they're using. chances are that they ever do educate themselves of brands is really rare.

since Intel is the only one heard and rarely AMD, i don't think any non-tech people will bother to educate themselves.

3. Nerd@133FSB

Nerd@133FSB Newbie

Hmm.. I have yet to hear ppl talkinga bout VIA c3 :think: :D

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah... just like everyone is talking about Doom3 and Halflife2... who would have heard some game called Uplink, right? :D

5. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

yeah. worse...........who could end up buying it...........aihhhhh

6. drab

drab Newbie

Buying what?uplink,via c3,or colgate :think:

7. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

ahhah drab is confuse... haha...

zue... ur uncle is smart... haha... heck... for gaming people go for windows... for work on movies people go for apple... servers and all linux... weird... its like everything is linked... haha... windows is good in gaming... mayb linux too... but windows suckz in movie making... doing server no idea... apple comps suckz in gaming(so heard from review pages) but rocks in movie making... making a server ? no idea... haha.. no review on tat... linux... no need to say... rocks in doing server... muahaha...

hm.. how nice if AMD bombs up intel and get the name intel without people's knowledge... wow.. AMD then can be rich HAHA !! with no compertition to fight wif... and they can delay their line of processor untill one company of processors comes up again and have a nice compertition again... history do repeat itselfs.. ahha !!

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

smart??? :shock: :shock:
    I don't think movie makers use APPLE to render their film.
    Cuz I always see they talk about their "server farms" which are powered by p3/p4, AMP....
    I know lord of the rings was rendered using linux.

hey..maybe AMD ownz Intel you know :mrgreen: they are the one that pulls the strings. Intel is a puppet.
    Who knows. maybe it's true! :mrgreen: hehe..conspiracy theory.. hehe

9. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Zhue: i heard it was the otehr way... Intel owning AMD... cos once AMD almost bankrupt.... but suddenly.. ok back....

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

peaz: i was kidding u know?? not serious one lar :D

I think AMD ownz Intel lar.
    cuz AMD was founded first :mrgreen:
    another BS conspiracy theory :roll:

11. drab

drab Newbie

"server farms" I want one :dance: can put all the a.r.p.animals in it :lol:

12. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

ugh ? Im in as an penguin ? HAHA !!

Im confuse... zue.. u make me confuse... haha...

13. Brian

Brian Newbie

nah, Intel founded 1 year earlier than AMD
    server farms ar. i want one for my Folding@Home. ARP oso can use for DF :dance:

14. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it seems like brain does't understand what is this -> :mrgreen:
    hehe
    and this -> another BS conspiracy theory :)

15. Brian

Brian Newbie

lol.....i know, just playing along :mrgreen: :dance:

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Intel was founded by an ex AMD engineer :mrgreen:

17. Brian

Brian Newbie

wrong, Intel owns AMD secretly :mrgreen:

18. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

haha... another BS conspiracy ? haha...