Asus RMA Service=Sucks :wall:

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Lacus, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Got an Asus notebook (F5GL or X59GL) on 15 November 2008. Seldom use it, later on after watching Knight Rider on it, i notice that 1 of the speaker is not functioning well. Proceed with RMA. RMA was fast and finish within 2 days. Receive Notebook but notice that the cover near the memory card reader cannot close well, turn out to be casing issue. Casing replace, laptop taken back today. after a while, the gap appears again :wall: Not to mention, no one actually told me that replacing the casing will result in all the stickers gone...and OMFG, they actually stick back the Core 2 Duo Sticker when it's already half bend and cannot stick well...i tried and ask for a replace and they claim they only have 1 sticker for each notebook. 1 of their staff even mention that if i don't like the sticker (malfunction sticker -_-), they can remove it...wtf?
    let me attach some proof...meh, I always get Asus mobo and etc and this is what i get in return :faint:

Attached Files:

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Is it ASUS ASUS or ASUS Distributor?

But yeah even in general their support kinda sucks... :p

3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Only their notebooks though -_-"..it's their Service center at Imbi :faint: Another trip tomorrow -.-..should i actually demand a new unit? the gap is sorta repeating problem -_____-

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Try opening it up yourself and put it back? Since they already failed to fix it after two times... I don't think they can fix it even if send it back again.

As for the sticker, I will just peel it off and forget about it :lol:

5. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Peel off and put Xeon Inside :haha: well, i don't feel like opening it up again -_-"

6. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

but still better to ask it to be done as long the warranty still on
    it will be major pain if something happens in the long run

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes, I rather just keep whatever I have and not send for RMA unless it's a major fault.

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Rofl..done..had to bring my mom along before they can actually change it on the spot. They actually re-replaced the speaker (most likely speaker causing the issue and they don't wanna admit)wow, now everything is fine..hopefully...been rmaing stuff non stop :haha:

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Eh, so everything is okay now?? :mrgreen:

I know how you feel. My ASUS F8V notebook refused to boot up after 1 day of use. It was a BIOS problem, but to reboot it, they had to remove the ENTIRE motherboard - bad design.

But because the problem occurred within a week... and they are worried that it would recur, they exchanged it with a new unit. :thumb: That didn't do any good to the notebook's truly crappy keyboard though... :(

So far, only Dell have provided me with really speedy service. :thumb:

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Next i shall try Dell, Sony, Fujitsu,Toshiba,and..err..others lol -.-..tested quite a few brands though..

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, Dell is only good for their service (top-notch!) and the customisability of their notebooks. They are quite pricey and generally are heavier and have poorer build quality.

12. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Actually I believe all notebook brands have their pros and cons. None is so-called 'the best' and such.

I used to think that Asus notebooks were the best, until I actually bought and used one! :haha:

13. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

NEC service sucks too.. My RMA fix come back with dented casing .. i duh .. forget about it .. since it company lappy. FYI, the NEC lappy went for 3 times RMA for fried mobo. After which i got a Dell and had big daddy paid for it.

14. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, they USED to be the best..maybe it depends on the technician..man,those fellow tarnishing Asus's name >_> (huge fan of asus stuff here :haha:)