ATI 4850 benchmark

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Chai, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Graphics card RAM has got nothing to do with motherboard RAM.

I can even use a DDR motherboard with DDR5 graphics card, provided both are using AGP or PCIe.

2. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

GDDR3 != DDR3 and even if they were, they are as Chai noted irrelevant of eachother.

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Nice post Empire and nice to see a post lacking google links ;)

That's really all I have to say !! :thumb:

(If we pay more attention to electronics basics Psyk might have found out the reason he is burning up that OCZ Reaper ram. Gen and I talked about it in theory before I joined this forum and bought mine but will check again and post back to the appropriate thread)

Back on topic we go and still not buying a 4870 :D

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I remember someone kept insisting that MOSFETs have negative temperature co-efficient :haha: What an awesome U-turn :thumb: I haven't seen anything like this before.

Luckily I asked empire23 here to clarify stuffs on the temperature co-efficient of MOSFET. :mrgreen: Someone doesn't even know what he himself was talking about.

Oh, nice post btw Mac Daddy :thumb: :haha:

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah. Andy Talamantez has no idea coz you are the expert. He isn't... :mrgreen: (He's a nice guy btw and we traded a lot of emails back and fourth over the issue trying out new things) and eventually it was due to a bad stick (failed memtest - every hardware I have gets put through some rigorous testing)... :mrgreen:

How can you talk when you don't even know what settings I ran it on (stop with the fallacies, assumptions, and inconsistencies already)? :think:

Micron D9s die pretty easy at all sorts of voltages (I so happened to run mine at stock). Well documented. Try googling (if anything, it gives you a base - Googling it is better than just talking in circles and banter on pure speculation). ;)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

There is no U-Turn Max I just got tired of debating you guys check you facts a little more clearly I doubt the technology has changed that drastically in 20 years but glad someone was here to "clarify stuffs" :roll:

First off I getting sick and tired of you and Max posting like snotty 2 year olds and have already mentioned it to Adrian and Chai. You two know everything right !!

Have your friend at OCZ clarify EVP. Gen and I checked it out but seemed vague. On my ram that is set for 2.15V does it limit the voltage by regulation or if it exceeds 2.15V does it crowbar the ram eliminating RMA? As far as I can figure EVP uses Zener diode technology so if ya want to put your rattle down for a sec perhaps you could ask him for us? I noted in the other thread you stated you were running the ram at 2.2V :D

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

ok..Chill guys..I just got my 4850 (after being rma XD). Is there anything that need to be proved here?hmm, from gpu to rams o_O?

8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Who's the one whining like a 2 year old now? :haha:

I wasn't sure about why a lot of sites are saying that MOSFETs are positive co-efficient (opposite of what you said), that was why I asked empire23 to explain this since you didn't bother explaining it to us (or maybe you don't know how to explain? :haha: ). All you did was kept insisting that they are negative co-efficient.

And so, according to empire23:
    You agreed with this right? Since you were praising empire23 for his nice post :mrgreen: :lol: Hmmmm.... but I remember that you still insisted it to be negative co-efficient just 2-3 posts before that :haha: and no explanation was given whatsoever, even though you discredit whatever that was shown on google.

There are still many examples of you doing WTFBBQ U-turns. Here's another one.

First you asked: (this is actually the 2nd or 3rd time :lol: )
    After I explained that the most possible reason why 4870 has lower load temp than 4850, you did a U-turn and said:
    If that is true, why did you keep questioning 4870 has lower load temp then 4850? Didn't you "agreed" with us saying that the temperatures on that article are inaccurate?

I don't understand why you are so inconsistent aka U-turning here and there, please enlighten us mac kiddy oops i mean daddy. So sorry for the typo, now where's the backspace key... I can't seem to find it :(

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

There is no point because what you are posting here can be searched with the very famous Google search engine which he despise so much. (as long as it's something that will be listed in the Google search results) So if you must prove something to him you must email to him personally or if you are really desperate you can make a hard copy and mail it over to Canada :haha:

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LMAO! I post like a 2 year old? You sir, are delusional, for I am not the one (you were actually describing yourself).

Since you are quite the n00b.
    OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC Edition

Andy told me they would warranty it even at 2.3v as that's what my sticks are rated at.

Read (and weep?) rated voltage... :mrgreen:

I wonder if it ever occurred to you that your ram is not my ram. :mrgreen:

Now if you actually knew anything about hardware and the industry, you would know who Andy Talamantez (better known as AndyOCZ) is. A well respected industry veteran both for service, knowledge, and overclocking. I won't even go there. :hand: But you probably know more than he does right? :wicked:

So to reiterate:
    My new ram runs at a lower voltage. :mrgreen:

Because you have no actual facts to add to this and continuously change the course, Thread closed until further notice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.