[Auto Talk] What tyres or tires are you using?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PowerSlide, Jun 12, 2008.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

y'day change 4 piece of falken ze-912 on my wajunk

cost me RM720 all..and now im broke to the broken :mrgreen:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

ZE912...not a cheap tyre. I read it's quite good, but a bit noisy. :mrgreen: I just changed to ST115 not too long ago :thumb:

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

st115 :thumb:

180 per piece still ok..tyre shop even recommend me michelin 250 each..this is exp :haha:

one thing when go tyre shop, they see me use stock rim sure ask me wana change rim or not :haha:

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

my dad's company car ... RM800 for two tyre.. continental tires :faint:
    235/45R17.....

i'm running hankook v4es 215/50R17 i think? :think: i forgot..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  5. Chai

LOL! Michelin? Which one? Pilot Preceda? :wicked:

Continental 17" for RM400 is cheap!

I asked for a French made Continental Premium Contact 2, RM330 for 15"! :shock:

6. sherwin

sherwin Newbie

I switched to Michelin PP2's for RM 185/piece 2 months ago :roll: excellent tyres nevertheless :thumb:

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Okay... let's start a tyre thread.. :mrgreen:

Now, which tyre should I get for my Hyundai Sonata? It's almost time to change all four... :(

8. Chai

I guess you want something comfortable. Bridgestone Turanza GR80. Or if you are like my father, he loves his Yokohama ES501, but not very good in the wets. You can also consider the Michelin MXV8, but I think it's not that cheap, and made in ASEAN countries (Thailand I think), most tyres are these days, except the Yokohama. These tyres are quiet and comfy tyres.

9. Chai

It's so difficult to find ST115 now. :( They are not bringing in 16" and below. :( It's a fantastic tyre. Silent, very grippy, doesn't aquaplane much. And it's made in Japan. I think I bought the last few sets of 195/60/15 in Malaysia...

10. sherwin

sherwin Newbie

ST115 has softer compound comparatively to other similiar tyres :think: :think:

I've used Bridgestones previously on 2 cars and found them to be noisy after awhile:roll:

Dunlop LM702's are not bad too.. which still comes from Japan.

11. Chai

Yup, you can't have everything. It has to be soft to be grippy. Most Jap tyres are noisy after 50%.

12. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Got my tyre end of last year... coz me 180 each..Michelin but can not recall wat is the mode hahaa :p

13. Adrian Wong

Well, comfortable is good, but I want something quiet and good in the wets.

I believe two of my tyres are currently Bridgestone Turanzas while the other two are Michelins. No sure about the model though.

Hmm.. Where's a good place to buy tyres around PJ anyway? I think the SS22 shop I went to charged me around RM 270 per piece for my Turanzas last time. :think:

14. Adrian Wong

BTW, is it so important for tyres to be made in Japan?? :think:

15. Chai

For me it is. The quality is different, performance can be different too, that applies to the same model, same factory, but different tyre size! There's a reason why Japanese made are more expensive.

16. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. So much difference? AFAIK, if QC is maintained, the quality outside of Japan should be the same. If they differ, well, then the company's QC policy is poor.

17. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i think my hankooks are made in korea.. i think :think:

18. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, both of my dad's car is using Falken ZE 322 =D..except the older car uses the 1s made in Japan while the newer 1 made in indonesia..Btw do you guys actually fill up the tyres using nitrogen? I think it makes the tyres much comfortable when driving and does not need to be filled up freaquently :D..And 1 more thing, during long journey driving, the tyres does not get hot compare to using normal air :D.

19. Chai

Well, it has shown that quality is quite different. It's up to you to believe. There's always a reason why D300 is made in Thailand while D3 is made in Japan.

Korean tyres are not really good IMO.

Lacus: They are not using pure nitrogen, so it won't make much difference, other than clearing your pocket. I stick to good old air.

20. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

@Chai, not sure. All i know is the tyres does not feel that hot after a long journey compare to normal air. + it only cost like RM1 for each tyre =_="