Baby Talk Tips for Current & Future Parents!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Current and future parents should take note of these tips on how to decipher baby talk! Got it from an episode of Oprah. Supposed to work great for newborn babies up to about 3 months. Just sent it to my godsister for a trial with my god-daughter. Heh...

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Why send it to your god sister?

Send it to yourself... :mrgreen: :wicked: :shifty:

3. Adrian Wong

LOL!! I already have it! :haha: :haha:

But I certainly don't need it. :twisted:

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I find it strange that babies have their own set of languages. I watched a movie which is called Baby Geniuses, and they really can 'communicate' with their own language. I'm pretty sure these are variation, but do the scientists found out the main pattern of the 'conversation'?

A 'heh' could be an 'uumph' or a 'aagh' or an 'uuunghh!'. :haha:

5. Adrian Wong

Actually, it was discovered by a lady who had a gift for discerning subtle differences in sound, and has a sort of pictorial memory for sound. At least that's what I remembered. :haha:

6. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

does it work for all region? i.e. asian baby might have different code...

7. Adrian Wong

Nope. It's universal. Don't forget... Children do not learn languages until they are much older! ;)

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmm Interesting :D I'm sure Adrian will find is useful soon... :wicked:

9. The_YongGrand

Yeah, soon. Learn to communicate with the infant and young human beings. They are always having the most fascinating world. :wicked:

Wait until he/she is around 3-11 years old - they are really creative and curious. :thumb:

I heard that those twins (usually identical) usually have their own set of language. :haha:

10. The_YongGrand

Dr. Wong, also, do these babies have the same EEG signals as the adult?

I'm sure that all humans have the same EEG pattern when comes to thinking, like "I want to buy a drink" or "Let's go there" or "This is great stuff!".

Maybe they can really make a translator outta it. :D

11. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I have a feeling you WILL beat me to it. :twisted:

12. Adrian Wong

I really have no idea. :D

But even if they unique EEG signals, I don't think it will ever be practical. Would you like to fit your kid with an EEG cap wherever she/he goes, just to know what he/she wants? :D

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hey... let's have a bet then. If Adrian first, Adrian treat us all to a dinner. if Peaz first, Peaz will treat us all to dinner too. To be fair, if I'm first, I'll treat you guys... TWO nights somemore just because I'm calling this bet! :haha:

AGREE? :mrgreen:

14. Adrian Wong

LOL!! What kind of bet is that la... :haha: :haha:

Oiii.. Off topic already. :D

15. The_YongGrand

Actually, there's a better alternative than the cap - the chip. But it involves grinding on the head and put that thing in the brain (it's call cortical implant if I'm not mistaken) and put the head back. :haha:

It's more effective than the cap one, but heck, human beings aren't machines! The brain is too fragile (even more fragile than computer chips) for this job and it's too risky! :shock:

16. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! Are you serious or not? I would rather rely on intepreting babytalk. :haha: :haha:

17. Anyone hear about teaching your baby sign language? It's supposed to help with communication before they learn to speak.

I have my fist coming in March 2008 I cant wait :whistle:

18. The_YongGrand

Oh I'm not serious about it - these implants are very difficult task! :haha:

19. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. I don't think they can learn it so quickly. If I'm not wrong, those "baby talk" are really a result of their reflexes to certain stimuli. That's why it's universal.

BTW congrats!!! Be sure to try it out and let us know if it works! :thumb:

20. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Woohoo! Congrats! :clap: