best mobo manufacture

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by SAMSAMHA, Jan 4, 2005.

1. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

Hi guys
    After looking at the dfi and abit thread. It makes me think that this deserves a new thread. I wonder what do you guys think of the best mobo maker out there. I always thought abit is great mobo but I guess I was wrong.
    I know Asus is good, (had not idea MSI is good too, as I didn't know about MSI like few years back when I read tons of stuff on Asus.)

Anyhow, post what you guys think is the best mobo maker out there. When I mean best, also means the best warranty and product.

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, asus makes solid stuff... ;)
    I've used their P4P800 mobo and it was really good. My only gripe is that i HATE their BIOS. Why cant they just make it like normal BIOS... :doh:

Apart from that, I really like DFI now... :mrgreen:

3. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

DFI and ASUS :thumb:

Especially DFI, whom for me offer better value for money than ASUS.

I agree with PsY, ASUS' BIOS are somewhat... 'unique'.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  4. wodenus

wodenus Banned

All things considered, I'd probably vote for Intel (when it was made locally anyway.) Quality-wise they're probably the best (if not one of the best.) Not a lot of fun for tweakers but it works stable and fast at stock clocks.

5. popm8

popm8 Guest

ABIT,ASUS,DFI

I like them all...

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hahaha! I don't think there's a best mobo manufacturer. It's really model specific. ASUS is probably the best all rounder I think. Like everyone else, I hate the ASUS BIOS! But you will get used to it. :D

DFI is catering for the small enthusiast market. Too bad they didn't make Socket 939 NF3 board...Oh well...

7. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

that's interesting to see DFI, I have no idea that dfi is such a good mobo, always thought it's second tier. I guess maybe their lan party mobo put them on the map. I do have to agree that intel is the most stable mobo all around.

As far as asus bios, I think it's okay, their options seems to be hiding so you need to do some digging. It's really not their fault that bios sucks rather I think it's bios maker, ie award or pheonix's fault, but I guess asus's fault foe choosing the bad company to go with:).

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Well, Award = Pheonix. I don't think this is related to BIOS maker, because other Award based motherboards doesn't use the same interface.

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, a lot of influential key ppl from other manufacturers have gone to DFI. The Lanparty series really got them in people's eyes...

10. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

well, it's nice to know dfi is good. I have trusted Asus and ABit (but I guess after what you guys have said, it makes me think). NOw I know if I wanna shop for new mobo, dfi is also in contention.

11. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

dfi would be one of the best choices for me, if they actually retail them in taiwan.

12. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

so DFI is not a taiwanese company? I thought like 99.999% of the computer are all from big taiwanese company:). It's amazing how a small island country can do so much

13. wodenus

wodenus Banned

Didn't Intel buy Phoenix sometime back ?

14. wodenus

wodenus Banned

DFI used to be called "Diamond Flower International". I think from the name you might be able to guess where it comes from :)

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I wonder that too sometimes... :think:

16. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

yes DFI is in taiwan.

17. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

well let me put it this way.

taiwan is divided into many small, states.

hsinchu is a state that produces all of the computer eletronics.
    there's a whole part of hsinchu that is just a fenced in area where all the factories are.

so to give you an idea, the TSMC factory is accross the street from the DLink factory.

18. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

sounds taiwanese. :thumb:

lots of the company names are just what the chinese names sound like in english.

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I'd imagine that they'd all be packed. But what I'm wondering is how all of the big companies come from there?

20. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

we need it for our economy. without lots of import/export taiwan cant survive. that's also why the weak dollar is killing our business.