best mobo manufacture

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by SAMSAMHA, Jan 4, 2005.

1. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

dfi's a small company compared to asus.

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, ASUS is the biggest motherboard manufacturers I think.. DFI is still second tier..

3. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

I know they're still second tier and all that, but hey, from the limited capcaity they already have, they've done a damn fine job. Let's hope they dont turn out like Abit ;)

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I never said that they were bad... ;) As far as I'm concerned, they make great boards... I think it will have good prospects in the future.. ;)

5. Maximus_Detritus

Haha, dont misunderstand me, dude, I never said you said they were bad ;)

Yeah, the future is bright for DFI ;)

6. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

DFI is sure doing good with their reputation given that they are still consider as tier 2 yet they mobo is very well received. Keeping it up, they might move to tier 1.

7. well, people are still willing to pay for the features on asus, dfi will become better, yes, but probably not as good as asus

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I beg to differ... ;) I would take DFI over ASUS as it is currently... :mrgreen:

9. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

just because dfi advertises for high overclocks and uv reactive plastic?
    i'd take asus because of their features.

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Nope. I'd take em for their ability to oc and their stability... ;) I'm so happy with my DFI 250GB.... :thumb: Better than my K8N Neo Platinum... :roll:

11. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

the truth is I think they are about the same price if you buy the highest end (DFI probably is just like few bucks cheaper that's all).
    BTW, so is DFI and Asus are the top 2 mobo maker now?

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I'd kinda say thats my view.. :D

13. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

how about MSI and gigabyte, are they any good?

14. gigabyte, i dont really like. the prices for some of their mobo are just outrageous...
    i think msi is good, except that ive never tried them out. from the reviews, their mid range

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

ASUS is still currently the best Intel mobo manufacturer, even bettering DFI slightly.

16. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

gigabyte offer many features that dont work. DPS for example, actually makes power fluctuate more than without it.

17. luke_syafiq

luke_syafiq Newbie

I think small companies are much more better than larger ones. you see, when your company is small, u'd concentrate more on giving out quality products right? so that u can penetrate the market. bigger companies concentrate more on mass production, thus, they might loose a bit of quality. but i still like ASUS though. nvr tried DFI before. just heard about it recently.

18. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

asrock is small. they dont really focus on quality products either. they attract people with really strange features. like AGP express and dual socket mobos that support socket 754 and 939.

19. Maximus_Detritus

We're talking about the BEST manufacturer. Open up another thread about crappy ones if you like. :D

DFI are good beacuse they are stable, their feature set is great too, and the quality of their components are top notch. I'm with PsY, I will take DFI over ASUS as it is currently.

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

hehe...ECS is the second biggest 1st tier mobo :mrgreen: