best mobo manufacture

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by SAMSAMHA, Jan 4, 2005.

1. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

not neccessary true, as a lot of small company are trying to cut down costs, so they might not use the best components and also their support sometimes sucks.

2. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Which goes to show you dont have to be a small company to be crappy ;)

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Not really true. Bigger companies have a better capacity and designing better boards... ;)

4. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Truedat... So a small company must be really exceptional to break through into the mindset of the enthusiast community.

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Another thing is that larger companies will have a more refined automation for building hardware. Not to mention better equipped... ;)

6. delarafi

delarafi Newbie

although im a ABIT USer... but for good OC result n lot of choices... i go for DFI.
    for games rigs.. although im fancy Abit AN8 Fatality, but still i goes for DFI Lanparty..
    with same price with my AI7, my fren rigs is the best with Lan Party...

7. Aion-X

Aion-X Newbie

Not overclocking first 3.
    ASUS MSI DFI where Gigabyte goes?
    DFI MSI ASUS(weak ram voltage but enough for TCCD) where ABIT goes?

8. bslee

bslee Newbie

Since the days of the Pentium 166MMX, I've always chosen Asus and none of them have ever betrayed me. Me no gamer, run everything in standard form, latest now with a Asus A7N8X-Deluxe fitted with a AMD Athlon 2600+XP Barton mildly overclocked to 2800
    Never misbehaved and I could say 100% stability!. I guess I'll still stick with Asus in future.

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

an asus a8n-sli just died here @my working place this afternoon after running an X2 4800+ for just 40mins :lol: it was running fine until I rebooted the machine to prepare for more benchie, and it just refused to wake up :lol: :lol: what a coincidence..when u mentioned stability and reliability...shit just happened :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

My Asus A8V Deluxe is working fine...haha...

11. bslee

bslee Newbie

12. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Working on Asus- and org. Intel-mobos straight from the beginning and there's no reason to take action. ^^

13. Ironword

Ironword Newbie

Mine's not--or, rather, it's not working very well with my ATI 9600 video card. If you do a search, you'll find people all over the web reporting problems with this mobo/card combination (and ATI 9800s too). The trouble seems to be with the VIA chipset on the A8V (everyone seems to agree that it's not AVI's fault), but VIA has refused to release new drivers to take care of the problem.

On some of the sites I visited while trying to figure out why my system wouldn't work, several different posters on different forums badmouthed VIA for consistently releasing "buggy hardware." I don't know whether or not there's any truth to the accusation (my new system is the first one I've built myself, so I don't have much real tinkering experience), but this particular issue certainly has me irritated.

--Mike

14. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

@A8V-issue:

It's all about SP2 and it's integrated AGP-drivers.
    You just have to uninstall VIAs (Hyperion) AGP-driver and use the SP2-driver instead.
    And sure it's VIAs fault, but "only" software-based. ^^

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hmm...I'm still using SP1, that could be the reason why I'm not facing any problems...

16. Ironword

Ironword Newbie

Nope, I'm not running XP. What I wanted to do was dual-boot Win2000 and Win98, but even with several versions of ATI's win98 drivers, nothing would get the card to work with Win98 (I tried both old and new VIA 4-in-1's).

WTH do I want to run Win98? Because I have a very expensive light-pen that will only run under win98 or NT4--the company went under, so there were never updated drivers for later OSs. (Go ahead, do a search for light-pens--you'll find that any of them worth having cost around $500 or more. See why I have to run Win98?)

At this point I think I may well have to just take the card back...

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

dun think so

via 4in1 has been running fine on the testbed here running sp2.

18. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Oh, I see. ^^
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I do remember reading that the KT800pro is not fully compatible to Win9x anymore ...

Easy, 'cause there is no AGP-driver in the most recent versions of Hyperion.

19. Talisman

Talisman Newbie

I think the best board out there is the DFI SLI (though it takes a lot of voltage for the processor overclocking). I also recommend ASUS. But to me the most stable is the MSI boards. I have always found them to be the most reliable. Though ASUS boards performs great, but they also tend to give numerous wierd problems initially. I am planning to get an MSI K8N Diamond very shortly. They have the best compatibility with the other computer peripherals than any other board. DFI can be counted here as well. For overclocking DFI will counted as the best and as far as reliability and compatibility goes I vote for MSI.

20. zachig

zachig Newbie

I think that if you're going for overclocking, one should choose DFI without any dought. If you want the most respectable company, you should go for Asus.

Man, I think the latest DFI mobos are awesome. Damn :wall: , I wish I had the money to buy the DFI NF4 SLI-DR. :pray: