Best Motherboard Maker.

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by siddiq, Jul 27, 2003.

?

Which The Best Motherboard?

1. MSI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ASUS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. GIGABYTE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Abit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Epox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. DFI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Soltek

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

one thing is that tyan boards are expensive. and some of them doesn't follow the atx standard. i mean like the PSU standard :) require you to get a special custom made PSU for a particular board.

2. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

I believe the non-standard ATX board that you are talking about was the Tyan Thunder using the AMD 760 chipset.

That was the first motherboard that was produced for the Athlon MP family and yes it wasn't a full ATX compliant board but it has since been made so.

As far as I know, all the Tyan board, except the first variant of the Thunder is ATX compliant unless.

3. popm8

popm8 Guest

Abit

I'm a fan of Abit motherboards.
    Good price and good features.
    Can be overcloacked very easily and are stable ....

Asus is too expensive.
    Why buy Asus when you have Abit ? :thumb:

4. Tangoted

Tangoted Newbie

All right, where are all the Gigabyte fans? I have had several Gigabyte MB's as well as built PC's for others using Gigabyte. Very few if any problems. I am running a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP with an AMD 2500+ Barton core. Rocks. I have also built and used the Soyo Dragon series MB's, but had various flaky problems with each, so I quit buying them. I did have an ABIT KA7-100 a while back and was good also. So far, Gigabyte seems great. I want to try building a Gigabyte MB setup with the new nforce2 chipset on a Gigabyte GA-7NNXP. I hear the nforce2 chipset beats heck out of VIA. Anyone build one yet? Check out the review on this MB. It is hot! http://www.themodfathers.com/reviews/7nnxp.php

5. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

plenty of nForce2 users around, i am one of them. it beats the shit out VIA's KT333/400 but i don't know about the latest VIAs.

1466mhz to 2300mhz is something nice, isn't it? :D

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I can do that on my KT333 easily if I have a processor capable of running at that speed... :p Faster than KT333, yes, beats the s***, maybe not. :)

7. Mike

Mike Newbie

*raises hand* yes i'm the other gigabyte fan here. no problems so far so that's something to be glad about. altho i'm not an AMD user... i say if it causes the least problems then it's a good buy. this one i bought when it came out was a budget buy which had 533FSB for intel. 9 months ago 400FSB was still the most common. pretty glad it had 533... means i don't need to upgrade MB for a while longer and can use DDR333 :)

8. netboy

netboy Newbie

I didn't cast any vote to this poll because IMO, different CPU have different preference of suitable motherboard. There's no single mobo maker in the world that make the best mobo. There's so many CPUs out there, there have to be different mobos to support those diff CPUs, it is almost impossible for one single manufacturer to concentrate on so many CPUs.

9. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

DFI certainly, best for overclocking :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

10. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

this thread is 2 years old .. :haha: i wonder who dig it by voting :haha:

11. Plasma_Man

Plasma_Man Newbie

Two years :shock: . One question, are the Asus boards still too expensive compared to other manufacturers???
    When I bought mine Asus board (A8V) there was practically no difference between Asus, Msi and Abit, the only reason I went with Asus was the passive chipset cooling. I'm not impressed but it works pretty well.

12. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

maybe 2 years ago it was expensive.. well .. i dunno :)

my feel that my asus 9600xt vivo was pretty expensive :haha:

13. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

yes you still have to pay a premium for it.

typically around RM200-300 extra.

14. Domster

Domster Newbie

DFI

Wow, it took two years for someone to say "DFI"!!!

Still, I think it's more a case of different strokes for different folks. The best board for me might not be the best board for you. DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR Expert. That's what I'm waitin' for.

Apparently, these new Sapphire boards are pretty good too. Someone I know just got one. He'll be breakin' it in over the weekend.

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Depending on which model. The midrange to lower end are not necessarily RM200-300 more. :mrgreen: Sometimes negligible in fact.

16. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Yeah I want one of those. Looks really cool, and preliminary results aren't too bad.

17. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

My God! I've been searching Tyan Socket 7 motherboards for years! They are super rock solid! I regret that I didn't buy it. Oooooooh... :faint:

I have an Asus VX97 motherboard, someone dumped it to me. I guess that that guy must forked a lot of ringgit out for this board, and it was purchased in '97. Best of all, he's dumping me the Kingston EDO RAMs also. Wao. :mrgreen:

PC-Chips? I have one socket-7 SiS530 chipset. Well, only a month my friend dumped it to me, it just 'tapau'ed already. *Sigh*... :haha:

MSI? I have two MSI boards, one 5184 and 6734. I must admit it, MSI boards have some problems... I don't know whether it's true or not... :shock:

Both of 'em have problems when I was using it. Oooooh. :faint:

18. zachig

zachig Newbie

I think that ASUS have the best QUALITY motherboards. But if you're an overclocker (like me), I guess that DFI is the mobo for overclocking. Finally I gave my vote to DFI :mrgreen: Yeah, what can I do, I'm a crazy overclocker.

19. I'd like to vote, but then I've only had the pleasure of experiencing Epox, Asus, Gigabyte and Abit mobo's. :shock:

And I'm biased to Epox since I'm using it!! :mrgreen:

I find Asus to be quite slow. But I should probably slap myself for that since the Asus board that we have are (1)an OEM, and (2)a just a bit better than OEM board. :haha: But I have to agree that the quality is there.

The Abit that I wished to use was defective. It didn't want to power up for some reason. And it was an AN7 too. :faint: So, I'm still waiting for a replacement.

And lastly, the Gigabyte got fried 'coz of a cheap PSU. Luckily the processor or the other parts were not affected. :shifty:

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

i like epox too. it's that type of board that surely works smoothly with no extra add-on craps and it OC extremely well too :thumb: just like albatron :thumb:

seriously, out of all the boards that I've tested, gigabyte is the one who writes the worst BIOS..