Bio-Hazard

Discussion in 'Games' started by sbrehm72255, Dec 6, 2006.

1. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

Some of the members here have already seen my little water cooled rig before, but for those of you that haven't, here's a few pics of my pride and joy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

wow..nice rig you got there:drool: :drool: :drool:

3. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

Thanks, there has been a lot of time put into the thing. I'm really happy with the performance out of the system right now.

4. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Is that one of the cases from Mountain Mods?

5. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

i can see that..very neat indeed:thumb: :thumb:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow...you are quite crazy.

Double loop, 2x120 and 3x120 radiators in a case!

And I was thinking hard trying to get my 3x120 up and running...

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Any pics of the inside of your case? :mrgreen:

8. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

Yup, It's a Mountain Mods U2 UFO, I started to build it some 2 years ago now. IMHO, it's one of the best cases for ease of water cooling installation. But it is a pain to take to lan Parties...........:shock:

9. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Wow. very very neat! :D

10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Looks cool, fiery and dangerous. Nice rig! :D

11. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Look good as ususaly sbrehm but screw the MoutainMods case as the Mozart TX is better huh ;)

12. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

I wouldn't say better, different is a better way to put it. .........:shock: Both have their ups and downs IMHO, installing a triple radiator without modding is a big plus with the Mountain Mods and I also think the Mountain Mods would be a better pick foe Lans, it's 100% more stable of a chassis (stronge). But the TT Mozart has a much nicer finish, it just looks better when put in different enviorments, like your living room..............:think:

13. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

R u still using ur CPU fan inspite of having water cooling ?
    I can see that in one of the pics.

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That's not CPU fan. It's just a fan to cool the RAM, or maybe to cool the MOSFETs.

15. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

The little 80mm fan cools both, things get a little warm when you crank up the volts to the ram to 3.6v.......:mrgreen:

16. MeRaH

MeRaH Newbie

Thats a sweet case there... :mrgreen:

17. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

eh you did post up some pictures of the inside of your case :confused: maybe not all of the pictures were loaded properly :wall: my bad

18. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

Ya, I uploaded 3 of the inside, I can re-load them as thumbnauls if that would work better for you.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Lookin good there but is it really necessary to watercool the ram on your GPU? I don't think GPU memory could generate enough heat to use a water block could it?

20. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

As a rule from what I've seen, no, normal ram sinks perform more than well enough for the average user. Where it does come into play is in maximum OC'ing of the GPU and the ram. I found out that by water cooling the ram, the entire card runs much cooler, there's almost no heat radiating from the card anywhere. I could OC the GPU and ram slightly higher than running just the GPU block alone. Is the added cost of the ram block worth the small gains attained with the ram block worth the added cost, that has to be answered by the end user himself. For me, I just like high cost parts to run as cool as possibe as I normally don't run at max OC's all the time nor do I volt mod my parts.