Bottleneck in Crysis?

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by The_YongGrand, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

P5N32-SLI is based on Nforce4, which is even older.

2. Spanner

Spanner Newbie

I would definitely try to have at least a 2400 to 2600mhz processor speed{Dual Core} for crysis and 2 gig or more of ram..Also try defragging your Harddrive, and check for programs running in the background...Hope this helps

3. Spanner

Spanner Newbie

I seem to remember a great article on the guru3d website that did testing on processors dual and quad, and the effect of cpu speed on framerates , might be worth a look...

4. Chai

I found that article here.

CPU scaling in games with dual & quad core processors

It really proves that quad core is basically useless, at least for now. Like what I've said before, higher clock speed is much more important than having more cores now. :mrgreen:

I'm happy with my E8400, nothing beats a stock volt 3.8GHz processor. :mrgreen: When the time comes, I may get a quad core. But until they can reduce the heat output, I'll stay far away from quad core, and this is coming from a water cooling enthusiast. :haha:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

We did some game tests to the Core 2 dual-core and quad-core processors too - Tech ARP - Intel Core 2 Processor Performance Comparison Guide Rev. 2.6

No noticeable difference in performance.

6. Spanner

Spanner Newbie

Yes I totally agree, from my experience with Crysis with a8800GTX and E6850 (3.0ghz) and Q6600(2.4ghz) the dualcore cpu only ever reached approximately 66% cpu utilization and the quad core didn't appear to evenly use all cores, this game is very GPU dependent then you need a dual core 2.4ghz and 2mb cache or better, so benefeit from a quad practically nill...Cheers Spanner

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Too bad many still refused to believe that and desperately looking for reasons to buy quad core :haha:

8. Chai

It's much wiser to get the E8000 series, especially with higher multiplier so it's easier to get the maximum core speed, which is still the best way to get the best gaming performance.