Breaking News! Firefly Flight Crash Lands!

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Conquest

Conquest Newbie

ahhh.. thanx for the info. <censored> firefly :whistle:

i guess my travelling limited to aeroline, air asia and LRT.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think it's a cover-up. The timings were just too similar....

I just wrote this to the Star. Let's see if it appears...

3. Adrian Wong

Please spread the word to your friends and relatives. It's amazing what lies they are telling in the newspapers to cover up this near-disaster. :mad:

4. Conquest

Conquest Newbie

sure. mentioned thestar, sun. wat about malay mail or other small time newspapers or mags, they seem to publish unheard of news. else how bout Jeff Ooi.. hehe. then again im sure they want pics or facts gathered from witnesses to back up the experiences by many. :think:

5. Adrian Wong

I did inform Jeff but I think he's still recuperating from his eye operation. :think:

6. Adrian Wong

Here's an update....

According to a source I spoke to, that plane was NOT a new plane as Firefly claimed. Not that old planes are not reliable, but they do require stringent maintenance to ensure maximum reliability. Also, as old planes, Firefly cannot claim that the electrical problem is a "teething issue" or something they can blame Fokker for.

Right now, Firefly only has THREE Fokker planes with the registration numbers 9M-MGF, 9M-MGI and 9M-MDG. Their new planes are not due to arrive until July 2008.

So I wonder why Firefly told the passengers that they did not understand why the incident happened because "the plane was new". LIARS. :mad:

7. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

they should chg name to firelies w/ tag line, "now everyone can tell lies":mrgreen:

8. Adrian Wong

LOL! Air Asia may sue them for plagiarism. :haha:

9. leemafox

leemafox Newbie

You must be getting your facts wrong ..

There was definitely no ' crash landing ' in subang airport

Firefly does not operate 3 aircraft

Just two fokker 50's ex-MAS , ex-FAX

Did the whole cabin end up in darkness with no aircirculation whatsoever ? because that will be what happens when the aircraft loses all power fgrom the engines in mid air ..

Where did you read that they rec'd NEW aircraft ? Fokker has gone bankrupt for quite some time now ... Once again .. Heaven alone knows where you're getting your facts from

Do you know ANYTHING about these engines ? Do you know about feathering in a prop engine ?

Maybe this is the reason why the guys are Firefly are pretty much ignoring your email's to them , because it makes absolutely no sense to them whatsoever that your brother experienced ' total power loss ' in mid air .

Total power loss would mean that there is no hydraulic power to move the control surfaces either

Oh my goodness gracious me , its lucky that you are not posting this in an aviation forum , else you'd be a laughing stock

10. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

well, perhaps you might want to experience such a flight first? Haha. :)

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm just wondering, did Adrian mention about complete power loss in mid flight?

I don't know what happened to the aircraft, but it doesn't sound like a 'normal' landing to me with tyre bursting.

12. leemafox

leemafox Newbie

Because he said lost power to both engines what ...

You should know that aircraft systems are driven by Engine Driven Generators

Tyre bursting ... Definitely not .....

I'm so confident of my answers as I had eyes at the airport at that time ..

13. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

:rolleyes:

What's your point?:think: :snooty:

14. Adrian Wong

Fuh, were you there? I wrote to Firefly and they did not deny it. In fact, they only said that they would not compensate for delays although I wasn't asking them about compensation.

This I obtained from the people servicing their aircraft, including their serial numbers. Unless you are from Firefly, I seriously doubt you would know how many aircraft they own.

Not that I know of. I will have to ask my brother because he was the one there.

Haha.. This was what Firefly personnel told the passengers. That the Fokker plane was brand new. Since Fokker is no longer manufacturing new planes, then you have just proven that Firefly lied. ;)

Don't you READ anything before replying? It really makes you look like a troll (and a stupid one at that). Here's what I wrote in the first post - "They saw the propellers windmilling and probably thought they were still running." Obviously, I KNOW a prop engine has to be feathered when it's dead, which is why I wrote THAT sentence. Duh...

LOL! Yes, I "CAN" see your point. :haha: :haha:

Oh, so Fokkers don't have redundant mechanical controls? Or backup electrical generators?

Goodness gracious. I never claimed to be an expert in aviation. Why should I be afraid of being laughed at? :haha: :haha:

Don't be a fool. I don't assume to know all the facts, which is why I'm demanding an explanation from Firefly. The fact that they deigned to admit anything is an indicator that not everything is as they claimed.

What I've posted here was conveyed to me by my brother within minutes of getting hustled out of the plane. The facts are there and can be verified. Why don't you check out with the engineers and technicians at Subang airport? Oh, I forgot. You already know EVERYTHING. ;)

Sorry, but I don't know everything. My brother was involved in a near accident and I WANT to know what went wrong. If you can tell me what happened, or furbish us with evidence, proof or testimony, I would most welcome it, even if it proves that Firefly was correct (and that the plane really returned to the airport because of minor electrical problems).

But if you want to show off your intelligence (or lack thereof), please do so elsewhere. All you have done here is proven your arrogance and immaturity.

15. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

haiyoh... we don't care how much aircraft they got. adrian's brother was on one aircraft only...

do we have to be a pilot/aircraft engineer first, then only can ask what happen to our brother's flight?

If adrian already knew what happened, he won't ask in the 1st place...

yeah..he owned forums.techarp.com, why bother posting at other's:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1 person likes this.
  16. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

My turn my turn!! :wave: :wave:

Our Fleet | Firefly

"Firefly has three Fokker 50 aircrafts in its fleet".

Adrian, no need to be firefly workers to know how many there is :haha:
    dude, giving unrelated info is one thing, but can you give the correct one? :nuts:

Firstly, if both engines failed simultaneously (very, very unlikely, but normally one after another), the noise level will drop very rapidly. The cabin lights will flicker and may be a bit dimmer. If the aircraft auxiliary power unit (something like a standby generator-cum compressor) fail to start automatically, you will feel the slow depressurization in your ears. Oxygen masks will drop from the ceiling and an automatic emergency announcement will be made through the Public Address System shortly. The cabin crew will then brief you the emergency procedures for a possible Forced Landing or Ditching.

the passage above is fgrom what i searched. what is the darkness and no air curculation u're talking about? mind u, its fgrom what i read fgrom the internet (fgrom ppl who have experience in the field).

thanks for the confirmation regarding this piece of information, then like what Adrian said, they lied.

with both engines failed, it is still controllable even though most of the normal hydraulic system pressures would be lost. However, there is the emergency hydraulic pressures generated by the Ram Air Turbine system (RAT). The RAT will automatically extend when it senses both engines had failed. There are fan blades on the RAT which will turn to generate hydraulic and electric power as the aircraft glide forward at a speed of about 180 to 280 mph. The landing gears would be extended by the emergency alternate system and the aircraft has sufficient brake pressure to bring the aircraft to a complete stop using the emergency accumulator pressure.

now who's getting the facts wrong?

too bad u come and post in a doctor's forum, now you ARE the laughing stock!

Oh btw, welcome to TechARP forum! Hope u enjoy ur stay! :thumb:

17. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Maybe it became 2 after the crash. :haha:

18. leemafox

leemafox Newbie

pyroboy1911 ,

Its a fokker 50 .. there is no APU ....

There is NO RAT , or Ram Air Turbine . Its not a jet liner ...

Firefly does operate 3 fokkers which was acquired just recently , 9M-MGD .. my bad for the previous mistake

Thats the one that your brother was in isn't it ?

What you're doing here is just giving Firefly a bad reputation which is truly unnecessary ...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  19. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

i submitted the passage because i believe that most, if not all, aircrafts are fitted with ram air turbines. if fokker 50 is not having one, then i assume that makes it more dangerous to fly on one now, unless it has other ways of power generator for a plane that loses all its engine. either way, there is no way a plane to be in total darkness and without air circulation in an event like this.

Ppl will talk bad about a company if it does indeed provide bad service. The point Adrian is trying to put forward is not Firefly are bad in aviation sector and have bad aircrafts, we all know accidents can happen anytime. but Adrian is complaining about the service provided by Firefly and the fact that they kept silence about the incident to the passengers. You would know that if you would care to read the first few posts, which i doubt you did because if you do, you would have justify that, instead of posting all the aircraft nonsense which obviously we don't know that much of.

20. Adrian Wong

Do the feathering props not provide enough power to maintain hydraulic pressure? Surely there should be some kind of backup controls, mechanical controls perhaps? I knew about the RAT but I didn't know if a small plane like the Fokker would have one. :think:

Well, I have no idea since they were all hustled out of the plane and the terminal. He was too shocked to take a photo of the plane. When I reminded him to do so, he was already out of the terminal and I believe he was no longer able to do so (take the pictures). So I really have no idea what the tail number was.

Unnecessary? Well, then come clean with the facts la. What they reported to The Star were lies. The plane was NOT to Kuala Terengganu. It was to Penang. If they can even lie about that, what makes you think they will tell the truth about the incident?

If you are working for Firefly, well, please feel free to tell us what you know about the incident. I would love to be proven wrong because it would mean that Firefly is safe. However, if Firefly made a mistake and chose to cover it up, well, I don't think they will learn from it, right?

My brother may have escaped from a serious crash (if not death), but how many more will be as lucky as him? Unless we hold ourselves accountable for our actions, how can we ever improve ourselves. This is the problem with Malaysia. Just cover the bodies with some sand. Eventually, people will forget the stink. :snooty: