budget andriod phone for peasant

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by PowerSlide, Mar 3, 2011.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

bought a clear and matte type to try it out, but putting on SP is one hard job

also successfully flash custom rom :thumb: remove touchwiz, remove alot bloatware, from my test battery life improve alot and touchwiz really is crap :mrgreen:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Which ROM are you using? Cyanogen based or AOSP?

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

just stock rom modded, cyanogen mod is WIP..cant wait for it :thumb:

4. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

how about battery wise ? what ur usage and how long it last ?
    interested in this phone too :D

5. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

on stock rom is rather poor even my usage is only some wifi-ing, fully charge in the morning and by evening after some wifi around 2 to 3 hours left like 20%..much worst if do alot gaming which really sucks the battery

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I'm still using the newly updated (stock) 2.3.6 for Samsung Galaxy Ace - pretty good and running well. :)

But, the space inside the main phone isn't that much left - when installing bigger software, the cache has to be inside the main phone and not the SD-card. Installation keeps failing because can't install bigger software here. :wall:

7. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

huewei honor looks good - better spec compare to W :p

8. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

HTC V joins the list for 1k budget. but it lacking some major features such as 2nd camera and FM!

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

FM as in FM radio?? :think:

10. Chai

HTC One V?

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

HTC One V - HTC One V Product Overview - HTC Smartphones

I'm looking at HTC One X and it looks deliciously good. I guess it's time to upgrade my SE G900. :D

And there's HTC One S too, with lower res screen compare to One X but faster CPU. Stupid thing is it's only 16GB and no card slot. But I think will only be released in US :doh:

So, HTC One X it is but there's no card slot, non removable battery and it seems to suck the life out of the battery with the Quad Core and the super beautiful screen... hmmm....

Guess I'll wait for S3 and then decide. :think:

12. Chai

The problem with One X is that it is a much higher resolution screen, so a lot of thing suffered, including CPU performance, graphics performance, and even battery performance.

And yea, missing SD card slot is a huge disadvantage, and non-removable battery...what the heck were they thinking? What's the obsession with thinness???

One X would have been extremely perfect if they didn't do that!

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I think they thought they can do what Apple is doing and get away with it... :mrgreen:

And yeah... everyone's obsessed with how thin it is... the video review at engadget kept comparing the thinness of this phone with all other phones... :doh:

14. Chai

I would rather want a thicker phone, with micro sd and removable battery.

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Watching the videos, how thin the phone is... scenes of me dropping the phone kept on playing in my mind... :|

Can't agree more on the lack of micro sd slot and non-removable battery or else I'd get it this weekend, with installment plan of course. I'm not Chai-ly rich... :(

Let's see what Samsung comes up with... :pray:

16. Chai

32GB is really not enough in today's world. Plus the Micro SD cards are really dirt cheap now. 16GB for just RM40+, and 32GB for just RM80+ if you look harder.

I really can't imagine people are paying few hundred for capacity upgrades. :mrgreen:

Same for me, when I first saw the preview in the MWC, these 2 things already discouraged me... They are really forcing us to change phones every 2 years. We know that Li-ion batteries don't last more than 2 years shelf life.

17. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I accidently dropped the Galaxy Ace twice on a high ground but it went unscatched. And, I don't want to try that again for sure! :haha:

It's a normal to have anxiety about expensive smartphone being dropped, and me too have it. But again, don't worry too much on it, I'm sure they did drop-tests on those phones before selling it to the public.

I prefer a bigger, or a bigger-er SD-card. Nothing is the most for the storage world. :whistle:

18. Chai

Most likely I will protect it with a similar case that I'm using for my HD2. It is already too thin to me, and the added grip and protection is excellent!

19. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

yes FM radio

yes HTC one V

20. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

hey i thought this thread was for budget andriod.. how come Xperia S, htc x and iphone5 coming out :evil: haha

another budget andriod phone to the list.. Xperia U.. :pray:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012