Buying A Car

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, May 17, 2005.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

premium batch 1.6X

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Honestly I wouldn't buy Korean cars, depreciate faster...

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Considering 2nd hand 1-year cars? Should be quite a lot, just need to search a bit. These would be at least 15% cheaper than a new one already. Can get VIOS mah. Cos getting a new one is just stupid imho, immediately the car depreciates.

4. peaz

Hmm if Jenny likes a KIA and does not really intend to sell it off so soon, why not try to find a second hand one? 1-2 years old one should be pretty cheap, especially since KIA cars depreciate faster just because it's a korean car. you might be able to find a pretty good condition one too. Just need to look.

5. Chai

I think it's quite hard to find relatively new second Korean cars, as they already know that they depreciate so fast, they won't sell their cars anytime soon.

6. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

vios is a good choice adrian :)

7. peaz

i didn't say it's easy mah. But there is always such a case, there's many reasons ppl sell off cars, not always to change to new ones but other problems like no $$$ etc. All we need to do is to look out for it. Sure can find a good deal one.

8. Chai

LOL! It certainly wasn't easy for my dad to find a good, and relatively new second hand car, and that's not even Korean car... :mrgreen:

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

*cough* *cough* Perodua dealer here... *cough*

10. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

what's is the advisable min income for a person to own a car in msian ah?? :?: :?:

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah.. Most 2nd hand Korean cars are older models like the Kia Sephia. Usually around 2001 or 2002.

Hmm.. Just saw an auction in Penang for 2nd hand cars... including two 1.6L Nissan Sentra and one 1.5L Nissan Sentra. :think:

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Don't forget, second hand car might be cheaper but carries a higher interest premium over brand new cars and loans are only approved by finance company.

13. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. decisions, decisions. :mrgreen:

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

people tend to go for 2nd jap cars .. dont you think so ? :think:

coz my parents sold off a 1991 Accord 2.0 (m) in just less than 2 weeks of advertising :think:

15. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

As advice if you are afford to lost RM 10k in half a year then only consider buying a new car, which the car price range 80k to 60k

I heard from my father said that Hyundai Get not bad, especially bottom of the car(suppension part and bottom body)...

Just remember that, do not compare car with all the features they have... Compare it thru the feedback from the past users that would be better. :mrgreen:

16. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

getz. ya nice car. if not can try audi cars. :D

17. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Supposed that you're going for the Hyundai Getz 1.6L, it's "cheaper" to get the Inokom Matrix 1.6L instead but then again personal preference differs here. Anyway since Jenny has a preference for the Kia, then just opt for the basic edition because the RM$15K difference doesn't quite justify what you get and with that amount, you're better off shopping for the parts ala-carte style. Almost forgot, charging RM$78K for a car without air-bags is plain day-light robbery.

On another note, the fuel consumption figures are pretty relative and for your information, I'm still able to do RM$10/100KM on my dads 1990 Honda Accord so it really depends on your driving style. Also, it shouldn't be much of a worry since traffic condition is Melaka is alot better than KL. :)

1 person likes this.
  18. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

even waja at that price have aribags. fyi, my waja 1 liter = 10-15km. 1.6. roughly equal to other 1.6 cars. :)

19. Chai

One thing for sure, no one drives like you! Change gear below 2k RPM! :nuts: :haha:

Wow...15km per liter is a lot! :shock: That's like 630km in relatively full tank! :shock:

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

ROTFL! Granpa style.... :haha: