Buying A Car

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, May 17, 2005.

1. 331

331 Newbie

Questions for Adrian:

Is this her 1st car and most importantly, are you footing the bill? ;)

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, it will be the first she really owns. And now, I won't be footing the bill. :haha:

Seriously, I have a new house to pay for. She has to settle this herself. :mrgreen:

3. 331

331 Newbie

Ok. If she is an experienced driver and earning money then let her make her own decision on which car to buy.

4. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Honestly Adrian, maybe you should bring Jenny to view the Inokom Matrix (formerly Hyundai) as suggested by Jeremy earlier. I think she'll like all the 'secret compartments' and the specs. :shifty:

Hyundai cars are not that bad...at least for the last few years where emphasis on quality was placed by the current CEO. Now, their quality is 2nd after Honda. The local Matrix is still 85% imported parts. Try it out... :mrgreen:

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

"secret compartments" damn funny ..

my dad said where got secret anymore when you show all of them to the customers in the showroom :haha:

6. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

:roll:
    OK then...compartments! :haha: :haha:

...but ladies luv it. :shhh: :shifty:

7. Adrian Wong

LOL! She's asking me to choose the best car for her. With a few guidelines, of course. :haha:

Ultimately, I can only suggest the cars to her and take her to check it out. Her brother is looking out for suitable cars too.

8. Adrian Wong

Secret compartments? :shock: :think:

Must go check it out. :mrgreen:

So far, we have only seen the Hyundai Accent, KIA Spectra, Proton Gen2 and the VW Golf. Okay, the last one was just for fun. No way she can afford it! :haha:

9. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

How about the smaller WALD-badged VW Polo, Toyota IST 1.3/ 1.5 or the New Perodua MYVi 1.3 EZi? :mrgreen: :thumb:

10. Adrian Wong

I will bring her to take a look at them.

But I think she doesn't want a small car like the MYVi. She seems to prefer sedans. :think:

11. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

how about Wira. cheap? :mrgreen:

12. zy

adrian is already driving a WIRA :haha:

13. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

oh. i didnt know that. sorry! :D :lol:

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

And he hates it so much! :mrgreen:

15. zy

i hate it too :shifty:

16. Adrian Wong

LOL! Well, it's actually much better than the Iswaras I drove in the past. At least the brakes work. :mrgreen:

But anyway, she doesn't like the Wira. She wants her car preferably NOT to be made by Proton. :mrgreen:

17. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

she dont want small car? u bring her se myvi, sure she will like it :rolleyes:

18. Adrian Wong

No idea yet. But I showed her the MYVi and she says it's small. :haha:

19. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Whoa........ Looks like you'll need to stretch your budget further.

Go to a Honda dealer, ask the sales people if they have any Honda City 1.5 I-DSi or can locate one for you. If they have, negotiate to get some discounts to get the car.

Otherwise, you can get a 2003/ 2004 City 1.5 I-DSi or the Vios 15G from a used car yard.

Maybe someone(Uncle Chips, CityBoy or the other City owners.) can help you over at the MTM Honda Forum... :think:

http://www.motortrader.com.my/asp/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=30

And don't forget to buy an issue of Malaysian Motor Trader. :thumb:

20. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. The Honda City is really quite expensive.. Over RM 80K. :shifty:

She might as well spring for a second-hand Japanese car or a new Korean model for RM 50-60K.