Chinese New Year 2005 Giveaway Contest!

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by Dashken, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ONE MORE HOUR! :dance:

2. ckflash

ckflash Newbie

I deserve it because I am "The One". :D

3. ckflash

ckflash Newbie

Star light, star bright,
    First star I see tonight,
    I wish that I might,
    Have my Barrucuda tonight!

4. ckflash

ckflash Newbie

With its spacious cutting edge high-tech design, I can boldly go to where no man had been before. To break all records and reach beyond the borders, I accept the challenge !

P.S. Provided I win the Barracuda of course, thanks.

5. Daphne

Daphne Newbie

Why I deserve the Seagate Barracuda...

Hi everyone!! I'm new to the group but I have watched my boyfriend post here for awhile now and thought it was time I joined in. Are there any other girls at Rojak Pot? :p

Here is why I deserve the Seagate Barracuda...

I made a little video but it was too large to upload so I will provide a link to it.

http://www.playingwithfire.biz/daphne/contest.avi

If that doesn't work just try the root:
    http://www.playingwithfire.biz/daphne

And pick "contest.avi"

Be patient, it takes awhile to load. Here is what I said in case you are too impatient to watch the video (but you miss out on the visuals!).

---

Throughout the ages women have always been getting the raw deal. Take for instance my situation at home. My Boyfriend always gets all the good quality computer stuff while I get stuck with whatever is left over!

I give you Exhibit A... my boyfriend's computer, full of good quality hard drives. I give you Exhibit B... my computer with 1 busted hard drive.

That's why I deserve a Seagate Barracuda!

Come on judges, help out the little guy. I promise to post a picture of my boyfriend's face when he sees that I won the hard drive and get to put it in MY computer for once.

Yours cordially,

Daphne

6. Daphne

Daphne Newbie

7. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

NOooo...

Ohmygosh i just came in and there's only 10 mins left and i can't possibly come up with a good enuff excuse to win so I'm jst gonna give it all I got which seems hardly enough when compared to the efforts of people like zachig and GiraffeHunter and so many others who've already been giving their best shots at winning this Seagate Barracuda by posting photos and poems and puzzles and what-have-yous but I've hardly got any other way since there's no time left for me so I'll jst have to say that I still think that I deserve to win this Seagate Barracuda 400Gb hard-disk because it'll be the best thing that's happened to me all year and the last too seeing as how I actually went to the trouble of sourcing Adrian's BOG Book with the sole intention of winning one of the major prizes such as either the RAM or this very hard-disk only to end up being handed the short end of the stick when the Treasure Hunt contest didn't get sufficient participation and that was a huge blow to me since it took away my only chance at winning and basically it wasn't my fault that no one participated but I had to pay by not getting the prize and although I understand the reasons behind ending the contest prematurely I still can't help but whine since I was really hoping to win the hard-disk not only for myself but for my family as a whole since our rig is way obsolete with it's 997 MHz P3 processor and 20GB hard-drive which pales in comparison (about 20 times against the Barracuda) and not to mention 128MBs of PC133 SDRAm which is hardly sufficient in this day and age and I guess what I was hoping to do was to help cut down on equipment that my parents would have to pay for when we get a new PC but that's been a long time coming and still there's no actual sign of them intending to get one and I wish I could type more but I'm afraid I've run out of time!!!!!

8. Jet

Jet Just Started

I deserve it most coz no one needs it more than me...
    :pray:

PLS LET ME WIN!!! :pray:

9. Justarius

Justarius Newbie

Why I deserve....

Well I tried, I really tried. I tried to sacrifice a hard drive to the hard drive gods and I failed. It would not light. But this is a sign! To make hard drive love, not war. I deserve to win because I tried to destory a hard drive in your honour and was shown the error of my ways. I believe I am to be rewarded with a new drive to treat with respect. Plus my old one is kinda cold and wet now...

http:/www.justarius.com/gallery/linked

1st check out firegodfail.avi to see what I'm talking about. There's 2 pics to go with it

And if that's not enough, I decided to totally make a fool out of myself to show you how I deserve the drive (see the 1st video clip for that, the one that says "sing to the tune")

Enjoy!

Justarius

10. Adrian Wong

The contest is officially CLOSED! :mrgreen:

Now, please wait (you might want to wipe the drool off too!) while our judges read through all 15 pages and decide on the most creative entry! :dance:

11. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

NO NEED TO WORRY, ADRIAN, just throw all the entries away and pick me:), save you a lot of trouble

12. Justarius

Justarius Newbie

Oh man you guys are gonna laugh your asses off when you see mine. TOTAL fool out of myself. :doh:

And the Girlfriend in the backgroung yelling at me for trying to start the fire is CLASSIC :haha:

13. Link please or what page, I missed it :oops:

14. Justarius

Justarius Newbie

It's there. The post before Adrian closed the contest.

Here it is again:

http:/www.justarius.com/gallery/linked/

Justarius

15. zachig

zachig Newbie

So......Am I The Lucky One ???

Good Luck To You All !!!

16. Shenkoa

Shenkoa Newbie

I need the barrauda cause my beta died. I think I need a bigger bowl.

17. Adrian Wong

ROTFL! This contest is over. :mrgreen:

I'll close this for a while so that everyone knows that it's REALLY over. :haha:

Then I will re-open it later for feedback and the results. :mrgreen:

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Chinese New Year 2005 Giveaway Contest Results!

To usher in the Year of the Rooster, Team ARP organized a Chinese New year giveaway contest 3 weeks ago!

Now, the BIG day is here. Let's check out the winners! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link : Chinese New Year 2005 Giveaway Contest Results!

19. Oh MY

Thank you verry much *jumps up and down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.