Chipset configuration

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by martypastor, May 16, 2008.

1. martypastor

martypastor Newbie

I have 3 questions
    -Can you configure the chipset (mine is 815E Chipset)
    -If so How do i configure the AGP Controller
    -If so can i configure the Fast-Write option because mine is not supported but my card supports it but it is Disabled.
    Thanks

2. Midicow

Midicow Newbie

Chipset referrs to the hardware that comprises the north/south bridge and other such components of the motherboard that control the function(s) of the motherboard, Chipset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IE: the "chips" that are "set" on the motherboard

Only way to change your chipset atm is to get a new motherboard.

The options for your agp controller should be in your bios (like agp speed 2x,4x,8x, whatnot, agp bus speed, etc), and with a few switches within your graphics drivers, like agp fast write and such.

If your motherboard chipset does not support fast write, then theres no specific way of enabling it, because the support for this feature doesn't exist according to your firmware.

---opinion---

Honestly imo if your motherboard has agp and dosen't support fastwrite, its gotta be at least 5-6 years old... you can get pci-e supporting mobos for 40 bucks on newegg.com, and a decent single core processor for about the same, a 512mb stick of ram for 15, and a 8500gt for 20-40.. and you're set.