Classic Mobile Phones Discussion

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by yorker, Dec 22, 2005.

1. yorker

yorker Newbie

Everybody's phone so high tech.. any1 use before?? C 25... the phone that 3310 killed :D 1 recording tone,no alarm clock,heavy but ultra solid..but for strength... throw ppl can get concussion weii... :p im still using it... cant find a suitable replacement...

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:thumb: use it to crack crab shell

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i'm using 3310 :mrgreen:

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think the Nokia 3310 really rules. Great phone. Solid, dependable, cheap. :mrgreen:

5. AAY

AAY ARP Reviewer

Wow, that brings back memories of fiddling with a friend's C25... I liked the Siemens interface back in the S4/S6 days, but the teeny C25 screen was not much fun to deal with.

The good old 3310...I wonder how many of them are still in use today? The one very bad thing about it was the lack of any phone memory for the phonebook. That's why they came up with the 3330 :). It also kinda sucked that Nokia went cheap on the battery and supplied a NiMH pack (whereas the 3330 got a Li-ion one).

Oh, the 33x0 series phones annoyed me as well 'cos they didn't have the old-style data connector on the bottom so I couldn't enable NetMonitor :p.

6. zy

yea.. the only draw back is lack of memory for the 3310 :( .. my phonebooks full all the time & there aint enough place for SMS (SIM dependeant) :p

7. yorker

yorker Newbie

3310 killed this phone hahaha... i use the phone for cracking nuts :p screen sucks... 2 line sms??die weii....everheard that 3310 using digi can put 30 sms??

8. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

my first mobile is ericsson 388!! anyone can remember that model? :wave:

9. Adrian Wong

You can actually buy Li-Ion batteries for the 3310. In fact, that's what I did. The Li-Ion batteries were not only lighter, they also lasted longer and can be recharged at any time. :thumb:

10. Adrian Wong

Actually the phone only holds 20 SMS, I think. Or was it 12? It's been a long time since I've used one. Hehe..

The other SMS storage capacity comes in the SIM card. Now practically all mobile providers will give you 64KB SIM cards that will give you an additional 20-30 SMS storage capacity. :think:

11. zy

i thought its the simcard that holds the SMS as there is no memory on the phone for SMS ? :think: ...

12. AAY

AAY ARP Reviewer

Haha I used to do that once in a while. For those of you who make regular visits to Low Yat Plaza in KL, have you ever noticed the many phone shops on the first floor all with signs that say "For Dealer [sic] Only" or something like that? All you need is a business card indicating that you work for a phone shop/communications company/anything convincing and you can get in these shops and buy what you need. Parts can be cheap, very cheap in these shops... I had a lot of fun replacing smashed screens for friends at about 1/5th the price the main dealers charge.
    Wow, I almost forgot about SMS limitations. That's the nice thing about smartphones - I have about 1300 messages in my P800 now and I think I had well over 2000 messages in my 9210 before I retired it :D.

13. yorker

yorker Newbie

i dunno.... maxis can squeeze out 20 while digi is 30....depend on luck :D i think lari topic ed...hahaahahah..... 2000 sms????!!! walau....not heavy ar :p

14. Adrian Wong

Eh, you are right. This is WAY out of topic!! :mrgreen:

Maybe we should split this out to a new topic.. Random mobile phone discussions?? :wicked:

15. yorker

yorker Newbie

anything.... :D

16. Adrian Wong

Got a better idea. Renamed the thread so that it covers everything on classic mobile phones. :mrgreen:

Okay, continue! :mrgreen:

17. yorker

yorker Newbie

good call boss :D neway...anyone heard bout the squeezing out xtra juice from ur batt if u press *3370# ???? is it real??? applies to nokias...

18. Adrian Wong

Huh.. Really? How would that be possible?? :think:

19. yorker

yorker Newbie

u key that in, then the phone will reset and give u xtra 50% power to make a call..... i did it, it restart but dunno bout the power :p

20. zy

its called EFR - Enhanced Full Rate ..
    to enable it .. type *3370#
    to disable .. #3370#

there is also HDR - Half Full Rate
    enable - *4720#
    disable - #4720#