could you plz help me fix my vga,(may be hardware problem)?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by mackmtp, Sep 14, 2009.

1. mackmtp

mackmtp Newbie

Hi
    I installed “speed gear” software and then i went to a game,then my game stopped,i restart my computer but my bios screen failed to come properly,,windows does not recognize my graphic card and it comes in 640*480 and 4bit,i tried to reinstall graphic but it did not worked,is there a way to fix this, even a hardware repair selution?:confused:
    What i have done:
    updated:
    i find another card and tested it with my mainboard,there is still problem with my boot screen,but it is better,windows also shows more colors,but when i install new graphic card ,after restarting windows,windows does not show anything and monitor goes to power safe mode.
    i also tested my graphic card in another system,it is still coming in 4 bit mode.now i am going to install the driver.
    My graphic card is : gigabyte 8400gs,
    Mainborad:asus p5kpl/1600
    Sorry for my bad english,
    I am waiting for your help,thankx.
    ====================

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  2. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

1. please provide the link to the software.

2. have you tried to UNINSTALL that software?

3. have you tried repairing with Windows or restore to a previous point or something?

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think he's referring to this piece of software - Speed Gear, PC Speeder Tool, Speed Up Your Windows, Speed Up Your Feeling!

Sounds like a piece of crapware :

I would suggest you boot up in safe mode and uninstall the Speed Gear "software" and ask for a refund.