Crysis is GOLD!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ianho, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

I too am stuck in the core...:wall:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I hate the core. But I managed to pass there. It's so difficult to find the exit...

Look for tiny holes.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, it's hard to get out of the core. :mad:

You have to keep floating around to find the exit. Sorry but I can't really tell you where it is. When I found it (accidentally), I whooped for joy and just dove in. Didn't bother to really see where it was. :haha: :haha:

4. Adrian Wong

I think that part was really unnecessary. Why make it so hard to get out? :nuts:

5. Chai

Finally finished the game. I think it's not really that great. Best PC game of the year? Even without playing any other games yet, I wouldn't rate this very high.

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Somehow I still think BioShock's nicer. :D

Better storyline too. Heh...

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I feel COD4 is better and you don't need NASA to upgrade your system to play it :D

8. Chai

COD4 has much better gameplay, but I'm getting dizzy...

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Crysis Patch is out.

Runs a LOT better too.... :mrgreen:

10. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Have read the feedback but still no improvement on higher settings :rolleyes:

Patch here:
    Download Crysis 1.1 Patch

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well I could run them prior to that anyways. :p

12. Chai

I saw the changes list, nothing on single card performance improvement.

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Go try it and see.

14. Chai

Doesn't matter. Finished the game, average. Not planning to reinstall. :haha: I think I prefer COD4 over Crysis.

15. ianho

ianho Newbie

B4 I patched it, I benched with the built in Bin32 CPU n GPU tests. Then I patched it n benched again. Didnt even improve 1FPS! What performance patch is this? Useless patch.

The Core is unbelievably stupid. There's a huge bug in that stage. I got into a hole that wasnt supposed to be there. Floated around for an hour b4 I decided it must be a bug. Checked online walktru to see where I'm actually supposed to go n true enuf I sorta entered a black hole. U can never come out from that hole once u enter it.

U know the stage where u exit a tube into a chamber with the aliens floating around. Lotsa generators which u need to shoot out n the narration tells u "OK. Now I gotta keep moving". There's a tube right next to the tube u came out from, this tube has a kinda flow coming out of it n u cant enter it. I managed to go in there n guess where I reappeared? The screen just goes completely black. Move ur mse around for like 2 minutes n u'll see a faint spot far far away. Keep moving in that direction n after like 5 minutes of floating in that direction, u suddenly pop out in that huge hall where u killed that Korean general! Unbelievable. N there's no way to get back to where ur supposed to be too. It's like a 1 way street.

16. Chai

Wow! That's a serious bug! Uninstalled already! :haha:

17. ianho

ianho Newbie

Tell me about it. Wasted 1 hour of my life. LOL

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

There was a bug that I found too. First level (yeah I replayed in on EXTRA HIGH - EVEN THRU THE SNOW PART - WEWT!), when I looked thru the reflex scope on the SCAR, everything except the reticule would turn dark. Probably rendering issue.

Then after the core mission when u get thrown outwards (the alien knocks you off) the distorted vision stayed on and I thought hey, is this coz of extra high settings? LMAO! :haha:

Then I reloaded the level and found out it wasn't (distortion view was gone). :?

19. Adrian Wong

Wow.. No way back? LOL! Major bug, man. :haha:

But when I tested patch 1.1, it did improve performance... Just a little though. Results coming out soon. :wall:

20. ianho

ianho Newbie

LOL. I need to send my game back to Crytek for RMA. Also will request for reimbursement of my 1hour.

Mebe it's the reso I tested at? Hmmmmmmmmm......I think I'll go try it again on my 2nd rig which runs an AMD X2 with 8800GT SLI n see what it does at 1280x800. Or mebe the patch doesnt improve anything in SLI?