data recovery on pen drive

Discussion in 'General Software' started by nearownkira, Mar 27, 2008.

1. nearownkira

nearownkira Newbie

can u do that on pen drive?

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup. I used Active File Recovery a couple of times on HDDs and also once on a colleague's pendrive. Worked like a charm. But it's not free of course. ;)

Didn't manage to make it work on a xD card though. After I recovered the pics, found out that all was corrupted. :think:

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

4. molicasolis

molicasolis Newbie

Google Card Data Recovery, it can recover data from pen drive data.

5. Anietyead

Anietyead Newbie

If your flash drive is recognized by your PC, you can recover your files off it with data recovery software easily by yourself. I had succeeded to recover files from a flash drive with 'error' poped up with Tenorshare Data Recovery. Give it a shot!
    By the way, you can download it and scan your flash drive for free to preview whether your files can be recovered. It will show you the file name, type, date and size of your files and thumbnails for your pictures that it found on your drive.

6. oliverpowell

oliverpowell Newbie

Re: Pen drive data recovery

Sometimes the conditions become worse when the PC stop's recognizing the USB device. There are a number of troubleshooting steps i had already applied and found that not only the error can be removed but also the data from the pen drive could also be recovered by using various data recovery software.

However, It's too difficult to believe which software would going to work on your PC, for that reason you have to Google it for the best.