Dell E228WFP 22" or Dell S2409W 24"

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by starboykb, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think LCDs don't look as good as CRTs if they need to scale from their original resolution.

2. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Well, there's a market for it, that's why it's there

Because human eyes have wide viewing angle, that's why there's demand for it.

For gaming, for movies

And of course some programmers who for instance, have one half used for viewing the source code and the other half for viewing the real thing.

Ya I agree it's abit ridiculous when typing document, zooming it to fit the screen would make it look too big.

Well, some monitors can be rotated so that it's vertical lol

3. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

im not really sure about you guys. I already get used to wide screen even i havent own one. but it work for me pretty well when i used photoshop, more space to play around the tools.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You just need a higher res display to play around with tools. :mrgreen: There's always photos in potrait mode where you will need more vertical space.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, there is some use for widescreen displays. It sure is useful to allocate half the screen to Dreamweaver while the other half is used to display pictures and other stuff.

But when it comes to editing photos though... I wish I have more vertical space! Like Chai said, photos taken in portrait will make you wish you have more vertical pixels to play with! Hehe...

6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It only helps if you have at least 1920x1200 resolution though :mrgreen: If you have less than that it's probably pointless :lol:

7. Chai

Yeah, anything above 1920x1200, I can live with wide screen. :mrgreen:

8. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

then you need to get the screen that has 180 rotate for more vertical viewing. :D.

9. Chai

My Dell can rotate, but I don't like the idea of rotating just to do a single task. Not all my photos are in portrait. :haha:

10. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

that would be really inconvenient. how about getting a 2nd Dell and keeping it vertical? :thumb:

11. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

that would be another good option. :mrgreen:

12. Chai

I'm happy with my current setup. :p

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Not to mention you have to change the settings and change it back later, too inconvenient to actually be practical :lol:

14. sup-man

sup-man Newbie

I have the Dell 24" monitor. Sweet as, just remember it is a 16:9 monitor not a 16:10. This means your resolution will be 1920x1080.

15. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

1080 vertical resolution was the reason why I avoided the 20" widescreen back then... :haha:

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

17. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

shxt! My crt is now busted with blue color liaw. got to get new lcd, thinking about going for 22" Dell.

18. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

No no, consider 2253LW, 21.6 inch monitor by Samsung, but it's RM685, cheaper than the 0.4 bigger version of 2253BW at RM895 !

Everything is the same !

19. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

no samsung in my side and even they have, only one year warranty. Dell got three year one to one.:snooty:

20. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

WHOA that's beautiful! The vertical ones looks really handy for forums :thumb:
    Must have cost you quite a bit. HP monitors have quite a premium vs other brands I find.