Different types of P4

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Assassin, Mar 27, 2003.

1. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

no la. Hokkien was not meant to be romanized. at least mandarin has han yu pin yin.

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

i used to be good at that thanks to the chinese classes my mum send me to since Std 1...... but i hated learning up mandarin.. req. too mch memory work... my memory is already bad enuf... :D

so... my mandarin now degraded to normal converstion only la

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

JEE YAR

4. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

haha Carolyn same level with me hhheeee :lol: i mean english

5. goldfries

wah go ranking some more.

6. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

hehe let go back to topic... When intel going to come out new processor..If i m not mistaken the highest now is 3.0? Ghz....

7. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

3.06GHz.... i think 3 - 4Ghz processors are coming really soon. using 0.9 micron manufacturing!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

the new 800MHz ones would start at 3.06...

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The 800MHz processors are 'true' 3.0GHz Processors :)

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Why 'true le? Because it is faster? Hmm... my p4 1.7 is just one year old. Already phase out... :(

10. Chai

Because it's running at 3GHz, not 3.06GHz! LOL! :D

11. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Em.... is it u mean 3GHz is better campare with3.06?? Or just want to mention the word 'real' :lol:

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I think should be the word "real". Coz he's like REAL-ing the word 'real'. Hmm... I think I get it. But why 3.06? Can't they get it to 3.00?

13. Chai

133x23=3059 (533MHz)

200x15=3000 (800MHz)

Understand? :D

14. Assassin

Assassin Newbie

FSB800mhz. so fast for wat? you wan to set up a server meh. 8)
    the processor fast hav to use rambus lar if not cause ram bottleneck.
    Aiyoh the price will be very 'siao' when it come out. :shock:

15. goldfries

you know. you don't need to be a server to use high FSB. high FSB benefits every computer system.

The front-side bus is the vehicle through which data passes between the processor and its various components, such as the memory and chip set.

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I always prefer high fsb compare to high mhz :D

extra performance for video editing or any application that needs high data bandwidth like multimedia application.

RAMBUS is history now as Intel is moving toward Dual Channel DDR platform.
    Rambus isn't the only memory technology that is able to provide high memory bandwidth. Dual channel DDR is able to do that too. Infact, it does it with a lower latency compare to RAMBUS.

Dual channel DDR setup is able to provide a 6.4gbps of memory bandwidth, which is what the 800fsb p4 can take. 800x64/8=6.4gbps. Anything more than that will give us 0% extra performance.
    Now tell me, where is the ram bottleneck? I can't see it.
    Rambus is the one that can't provide enough "juice" for a 800mhz if the i850E chipset is able supports 800mhz p4.
    A dual channel pc1066 RDRAM plaftorm is only able to provide 4.2gbps of data bandwidth. 1066x2x2=4.2gbps
    We have to use DC DDR to avoid ram bottleneck, not RDRAM 8)

Elton: Yes a p43.0C(800fsb) is faster than a p43.06B(533fsb) although the p43.06b has a 60mhz advantage. Most of the time, our cpu is actually waiting for the data to be "delivered" from our main memory to our CPU instead of the data waiting in the queue to be processed by our CPU. When you increase the data bus, more data will be able to deliver to our cpu every single second, as a result..more data will be processed = faster performance.

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

0.09 will be overclocker's nightmare :D
    0.9nm CPU (prescott) won't be out so soon wert..
    it will be launched in the 4th quarter of 2003, and available in the first quarter of 2004..
    still a long way to gooo :D

18. Chai

Yeah, 0.09 will be overclocker's nightmare! :D I wonder how long can the processor last...

19. Assassin

Assassin Newbie

The FSB so fast liao at least increase the speed of the processor like 3.2ghz or 3.5 ghz. why still wanna keep it at 3.0ghz

I heard that some say Intel gonna come out wit 2.4ghz or 2.8ghz wit hyper-treading. is it true or not ar?

20. goldfries

hehe. jumping to 3.2ghz with 800fsb straightaway means there's gonna be an empty gap between 3.06 / 533 and 3.2 / 800.