DOOM 3 SOON! WOOOOOOO!

Discussion in 'Games' started by siddiq, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think your system should be playable. But don't expect miracles! :D

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I regret already, should have bought the card instead... :doh:

3. Chai

You will regret even more buying a 9600XT... :whistle:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Coz can't play doom3 with it? Aiya... I know I not rich like you... :cry: :cry: :cry:

5. Chai

Do you know that you won't be able to enjoy Doom 3 even with a 9600XT? :doh:

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Ok, so I won't be able to play doom3, ever... :(

7. eddy_alvin

eddy_alvin Guest

wat?cant play doom3 on 9600xt??!!man,tats too harsh for reality.tat means i'll never get to play it.coz even if i had more cash,the most i can fork out for a new card will be those within 9600xt's range.and considering tat i wish to play hl2 nicely with it too.anyway,how much is enjoyable means anyway?high setting wif all eye candy?i was planning to play wif mid settings w/o any AA or AF,coz i never bothered bout those before.i enjoy a game for its content,rather then jes pure technical demo.

8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Radeon 9600XT should be able to handle high detail settings plus low resolution :mrgreen:

if it's still not powerful enough voltmod and overclock :twisted: hellyeah!!! :twisted: :roll:

9. Chai

You need to enjoy the game by turning on all the eye candy. That's the main point of the game! Graphics! That's why I don't really enjoy all that much even with my Radeon 9800 (not performance related), because graphics alone don't make it a good game.

I didn't say you can't play, I just said that you won't be able to enjoy with that card. ;)

10. lung

lung Just Started

Well I'm playing on 640x480 - Medium Quality and still enjoy the game very much :D Graphics are still astounding... :thumb:

Different people, different opinion I guess... If you're someone who's used to really great graphics, of course 640x480 is going to be a pain in the @$$... I play most of my games at 1024x768, and am quite used to those jaggy edges (I never use AA-AF) so at 640x480, Doom3 still looks amazing to me. :mrgreen:

11. Chai

At Medium quality, most of the eye candies are still on, albeit compressed. As long as you don't go down to Low Quality, it should pretty close to even Ultra quality. I can't differenciate the difference between Medium and Ultra quality in game.

So it's still possible to enjoy the game at Medium quality. :thumb: