"downloadable version"

Discussion in 'BIOS Optimization Guide (BOG)' started by yamdran, Dec 1, 2002.

1. yamdran

yamdran Newbie

Your effort in creating a BOG is very well appreciated. It served as a quick reference guide for optimizing my BIOS and helping friends and co-enthusiast in oprimizing theirs. It is clear to me that you detest plagiarism, I hope that it would not hinder you from creating a downloadable version of your latest BOG. Thank you so much and keep up the good work!

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm...

As you know, we have dabbled with downloadable versions of the BIOS Optimization Guide before. Although it proved to be very popular, it also caused us a lot of problems.

1. It took up a LOT of bandwidth - downloads of the e-Guide have wiped out our server on a few occasions. Thankfully, we were fully sponsored then. Unfortunately, now that we are paying for our own hosting, we can't afford to offer downloadable versions of the BIOS Optimization Guide, at least for now. Maybe when we can afford more bandwidth...

2. Plagiarism is a really MAJOR problem for us. We had to keep searching for and weeding out the plagiarisers. And creating a downloadable version of the BIOS Optimization Guide actually makes it easy for plagiarizers and such people to leech it and claim it as their own work. Until we can guarantee that the e-Guides cannot be tampered with (i.e. with a digital stamp), it would be hard to justify the creation of another e-Guide.

3. Most acute however... is our lack of time. We are simply swamped with work. We may have relaunched Adrian's Rojak Pot but there's still a lot of work to be done - reviews, articles and layout enhancements... Let's not forget upgrades to the BIOS Optimization Guide! ;)

I understand the need for a guide that you can read offline. I have also received many requests to have the guide printed so that it can be carried around for easy reference.

As such, I have actually been negotiating with a large publishing house to publish the BIOS Optimization Guide. Part of my recommendations for the book includes an e-book version. Whether it comes to fruition or not remains to be seen. But we will definitely get the BIOS Optimization Guide published.