Dusk from my room

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Chai, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This shot is heavily edited... :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

What a nice view from your room... Must be nice. :)

3. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

errr... where's the sun? :think: :p

:)atwl

4. Chai

In between the clouds! LOL! Changing the title! :haha:

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

blouds? lol :D atwl77 u're being too sarcastic :D when are u going to train ur young padawans????

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow... Very nice silhouette if I may say so! :D

7. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Is it safe/ok to shoot a sunset 'with direct sunlight' comeing into the ccd?

8. panda00

panda00 Newbie

Hmmm :?: A good question. I tried this once, although it may seem no harm is done to the CCD, it is advisable not to give a bash at this. Otherwise who knows what will happen ? "hot" pixels ? :?:

9. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Yeah, it is not advisable to aim at the sun for a prolonged period - bad for CCD, or in the case of SLR, bad for eyes. Of course, the CCD is more tolerant than our eyes, so be careful.

If you shoot a sunset, make sure you are not aiming at the sun (i.e. sun is dead centre in your viewfinder), unless it's just a quickie to lock exposure or something. Of course, this assumes you're using a digicam - NEVER POINT AN SLR DIRECTLY INTO THE SUN WHILE LOOKING THROUGH THE VIEWFINDER!!!

10. Chai

Da sun is right here! :p

Attached Files:

11. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

really cannot look into sun meh????..... last time i see the sunset directly....but nothing happen????..... :think: :think: :think: :think:

12. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

If you look into the sun for a while, then look away, what do you get? A bright spot in your vision that stays for a while. Imagine you do that while looking through a lens whose optical nature is to concentrate all the beams into one focused spot.

A sunset isn't so bad if the sun is already setting and has less intensity compared to the afternoon or morning sun... but it is still bad nevertheless.