Dyno run

Discussion in 'PsYkHoTiK' started by PsYkHoTiK, Jul 2, 2011.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

[​IMG]

Corrected: 324 AWHP 309 AWTQ (lb-ft) in 4th gear on Mustang Dyno...

The transmission would shift at 6800rpm though...

Temperature was ~79F (fairly "warm" - ~26C)

Car Specs:
    2011 Audi (B8) S4
    7 speed DSG (dual clutch transmission)
    3.0 V6 Supercharged

Misc specs:
    Ran in "Dynamic" mode and ASR turned off... (Dynamic mode is the "sport mode" where shifts are done way faster, revs held higher, and throttle/steering is super sensitive/precise) (ASR = Traction Control)
    RS4 19inch wheels with Michelin PS2 (255/35/R19) - if this matters
    Pump gas (92 octane with "up to" 10% ethanol crapola)

Mods:
    APR 93 Octane ECU Flash
    APR RSC Catback (free flowing 3 inch exhaust - downpipes and back - since the cats are right after the exhaust headers)
    APR Stage II Carbonio Cold Air Intake

This was done as a "modded" baseline since I'm getting a smaller supercharger pulley installed next week (and accompanying ECU tune).

Mustang dynos "typically" read lower than the "average" dynojet dynos. Mustang dynos use road resistance and are therefore 10-12% lower than Dynojet readings. Keep in mind, these are WHEEL horsepower. Manufacturers usually quote CRANK horsepower.

Full res dyno sheet: https://picasaweb.google.com/psykhotik/2011AudiS4#5624611191902111794

Video (lol why not):

Comparison with a bone stock B8 S4:
    [​IMG]
    The "baseline" is my buddy's car (DSG too). Curious on the "lead" he has on me down low. I'm probably guessing due to lighter wheels (he has 18 inch wheels - I have 19s - a good 6 lbs per corner more)

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow, that flat torque curve on the stock.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. Except at the beginning, there sure is a significant boost to the torque throughout the rest of the range.

4. Chai

Despite the rounder torque curve, there's a lot of power gain, and still maintains at higher end. Looks like the mapping is better for track.

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, APR developed/tested the tune on their S4 race car. I have no complaints on with it on the track though (309 ft-lb/409Nm). :)

The baseline is my friend's car (not my stock baseline - regrettably I never did one). It must be his lighter wheels (less "loss" putting power down) that cause the spike down low or something.

Usually people quote ~15% Drive Train Loss to figure out the crank power when the car is on dynapack/dynojet. 25% on mustang dyno I suppose. IDK. Crank HP to me is quite irrelevant... :p

6. Chai

Well, crank HP is good for comparing with the manufacturer's spec. Other than that, you are right.