E7300 or E8200

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by nitroxxx, Dec 1, 2008.

1. nitroxxx

nitroxxx Newbie

Which processor to get? Will the 8200 give a performance increase as compared to 7300 in newer games. I have a
    8600gt and 1.5GB ram. The motherboard is Asus P5KPL.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

8600GT will be the bottleneck in most situations, especially in newer games.

3. nitroxxx

nitroxxx Newbie

I know 8600gt will be a bottleneck. Thats why i am asking if E8200 is worth the extra cash. cause i wont be upgrading the graphics card anytime now.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If you know 8600GT, then you should know the additional CPU speed doesn't matter.

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

The 8600GT isn't really helpful in newer games.

Either, budget: 9600GT or the Radeon 4850 if you can spend a little more. :)

The E7300 is fine for newer games. :thumb:

6. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

If you aren't planning on upgrading the videocard then an E7300 will be fine, they're nice overclockers too. E8200 will be a bit more future proof though.

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

hmm, if me..go for the E8200 and you do need change the graphic card if you want performance increased in the game :)

8. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

E7300 is fine. Overclock it a bit and you shouldn't know the difference ;)

9. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well yeah..depends if the owner overclocks it or not o.o?

10. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

nitroxxx, what exactly is your current processor?

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, what processor are you running now?

12. nitroxxx

nitroxxx Newbie

Pentium D 2.66 GHz

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

7300 would be my choice, since I want the high multiplier for overclocking :p

But seriously, I don't think it's worth spending the extra money on E8200, difference in gaming performance is going to be neglegible anyway and in a lot of cases it is GPU limited.

14. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

And if you plan to overclock (I'm guessing that ASUS board is capabable of doing some)... even by just a bit, the E7300 would be an even better buy. :)

15. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Just checked the prices at Pricegrabber.

It looks like the E8200 costs something like $228 while the E7300 is only about $199.

IMHO, go for the E7300 and save the money for a future upgrade of the graphics card. The GeForce 8600 GT is seriously underpowered for the E7300.