EPIC LMFAO

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Max_87, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

So I stumbled upon this article from TweakTown in XS forums
    TweakTown’s Guide To Water Cooling Made Easy :: TweakTown

After finished reading it, I was wondering if TweakTown actually did this just for teh LULZ :haha:

Recommending this Thermaltake watercooling kit is already a big FAIL, but wait, there's more :mrgreen:

Highlights:

Most epic TIM spread FAIL ever :thumb:
    [​IMG]

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

OMGWTFFFFFFFFFFF? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Seriously, what were they thinking? :haha: and what the hell is their editor doing? I'm not a frequent reader of TweakTown, but since when did TweakTown's standard bottomed to this extend :haha:

Luckily they still managed to recommend the right software for thermal testing :lol:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  2. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

o_O

Lawl, never heard of shorting the green and black wires.

I stopped reading Tweaktown a few years ago, can't really remember why :think:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Ahh they don't allow image hotlinking, didn't realize the picture didn't show up in the 1st post :haha: Too busy LMFAO

[​IMG]
    FAIL :haha:

Spread TIM all over the socket! It helps heat transfer :thumb: :haha: :haha:

5. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I honestly never liked TweakTown's reviews. They seem to lack professionalism most of the time. :(

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Were they ever high standard to begin with? :haha:

Now I understand what you meant. They think they are applying butter on bread! :haha:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  7. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

@_@

must be shaky hand :haha:

8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

No, they don't, but I never expected them to come up with such an article :haha: :haha: The reviewer doesn't even know to use the word "heatsink" :haha:

9. Chai

It's unsurprising, since they post a few articles a day! :o Not even AT or Tech Report are able to post that much. I don't really understand. If you use the right fittings and tubing, clamp it properly, it shouldn't leak.

10. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Holy crap! I don't remember tweaktown being that bad! Maybe someone shot their editor and assumed his identity?

11. slugbug

slugbug Newbie

Not to mention how thick the thermal paste is applied :nuts:

12. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

13. Chai

LMAO. That's it. Blacklisted.

14. Nice find. I hate their ads on the site :(

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LMAO! Umm yeah... :faint:

16. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

goop!
    sound disgusting :haha:

17. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

after you pointed out, i didnt really know TT articles that bad, i think the wrong editor was hired.

18. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Bare in mind most non-techie people I know apply thermal paste just like that and even worse. A friend of mine had an overheating CPU problem. When I took of the heatsink there was a truckload of goop oozing all over the place... he'd used 3/4 of the tube (regular silicon based paste).

19. Chai

Correct, but I would expect an editor from a tech site knowing how to apply thermal paste properly.

20. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Exactly, and that is supposed to be a guide! :haha: