Family Kicked Out of Buffet Restaurant!

Discussion in 'Dashken' started by Dashken, May 9, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Dun waste food...

3. But isn't that the customer's prerogative since she paid for it? :eh:

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

talk about ethics..

so you mean i just pay & i just take all the food on teh buffet table & place them on my table ..

make them into a "rojak" & dont eat & just leave .. is that fair ? :p

5. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I remember I went to this pizza buffet some years ago. There was this group of teens who were just having the toppings and left the rest. The manager walk over and gave them a warning (in a friendly sort of way). Personally I would've thrown they out.:faint: :faint: :faint:

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It still doesn't justify food wasting... :naughty:

7. Hehehehehe... Don't get me wrong, I do agree that it is a complete waste of food. :mrgreen:

What I'm just trying to point out is that there was an exchange of currency and that should mean that there was transfer of ownership in the eyes of the law. That should technically give her the right to do whatever she wants. Though apparently, there's nothing in their law that says the restaurant owners are wrong so, so much for that idea. :haha: :nuts:

I guess the owners should have refused her into the restaurant before she paid? :eh: I dunno. Just my two cents. :thumb:

8. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

What I don't like are the people that load up way more than they will ever be able to eat,,, I mean like everyone in the group, Just so they can take it home in a "doggie-bag".:snooty: :hand:

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hehehe...many Malaysians are like this...especially Chinese... :faint:

10. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I think the onus is also on the customer to be "reasonable" :p
    It's a term you sometimes hear in law...a reasonable person would do this, a reasonable person would assume that...etc etc. What this family is doing can easily be considered...well, not reasonable, especially if they have done it on multiple occassions.

11. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

:roll:

Hahaha,,, It is world wide...:wall:

I can see taking home a part, or all of a huge steak you bought from the house,,, But the last few times I ever went to a buffet,,, FCS They were all going back for one last fill-up and then they asked to leave... Fraking pigs.

Then I have to sit and watch their big fat butts get served like kings...:faint:

And they only left a $2 tip...

The food kept getting worst,,, And we never went back...

Hence all my homemade food inspiration.:)

12. Kalo

Kalo Newbie

Interesting story...though I am surprised at this because typically when one goes to an All You Can Eat buffet, they should be well off enough to deal with the throw away. However, they might want to change their All You Can Eat policy and make regular menu's as the customers won't want to visit them due to the bad rep they will get because of stories such as this.

13. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

they should post a sign .. extra charge for food wasted :wicked: weigh them .. :p

14. cypris

cypris Newbie

that's what a lot of those All-You-Can-Eat steamboat BBQ restaurants are doing nowadays to prevent people from wasting food... but SOME people still try and hide or stash the unfinished food under piles of shell and rubbish and whatnot... :p

15. slugbug

slugbug Newbie

It's all you can eat, not all you can waste. The manager should've given them the option of A:actually eating the food, or B: charged them extra.

16. I agree with zy and slugbug. :cool:

17. fyire

fyire Newbie

Buffet rules tend to be a bit different compared to normal meals actually. There's places that charges u a penalty at the end, of which the amount depends on how much food u left uneaten.

18. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Speaking of buffets, my friend was telling me once about her father's friend who went to Bangkok, and this hotel had buffet breakfast/lunch/dinner?

Well, her father's friend noticed one middle eastern couple, a man and his wife, wearing the full black burqa, without fail, everyday, for 2-3 hours 3 times a day at the buffet, eating, and eating, and eating.. and her friend's father was wondering how the couple managed to eat so much everyday..

So on the final day, he decided to observe the couple.

Turns out that the middle eastern man actually had 3 wives... take one wife down, let her eat, then take the other wife down, let her eat, then take the final wife down and let her eat...

While paying only for the price of two!

19. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

They deserved to get kicked out..

many buffet restaurants in Singapore have posters stating something like "fine imposed for $5/100g of food wasted"

but of course, this wouldnt happen in a hotel...

20. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. That's ingenious! :thumb: