Favourite Game Trailers

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zenphic, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Yeah, for its time, FF8 was a ground-breaking full motion video. You gotta hand it to Square-Enix (and Squaresoft), they're one of the best in CG :shock:

2. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Star Trek: Secret Of Vulcan Fury was the best trailer I've seen shame the game never saw fruition. :(

3. miahman

miahman Newbie

its even a great CG in tis time lol

i fell in love with them*

(them = square enix and/or all the young AND hot female employees of SE anywhere around the world)

[lol i just has to say that]

final fantasy is the only gam i started over and over again. its really good.

i also like the story telling of god of war. its not a trailer but the narrator's voice is really good.

4. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Too bad the new FF's are only on consoles and not on PC. And the English voices sound so much worse than the original Japanese voices lol

I haven't seen the GoW trailer, link it to me :think:

5. miahman

miahman Newbie

its not the trailer. its the ingame cut scenes i'm on about with that lady narrating.

[i'll let you know if i see a GOW3 trailer though]

to be honest i dont mind if FF is on console or PC (i played all on console) but what pissed me off was the pay to play thing on FFXI. and from FFX2 onwards final fantasy kept disappointing me and XII was shit too XD

6. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Oups, sorry about that; read too quickly :)
    I'm sure I can find an in-game rip of the video though.

Paid MMORPG's for the lose... :rolleyes:

7. miahman

miahman Newbie

yeah there are loads of free MMORPGs which look really good(i cant play cos of my 64mb graphics lol)

on youtube if you write god of war (1 or 2) it shows the whole ingame movies

8. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Yeah, but RPGs take way too much time, e.g. building your character, getting new items, etc. It's so hard to drop the game once you're in it.
    I be stickin' to the good ol' CS 1.6. :)

9. miahman

miahman Newbie

CS???

well i like RPGs i play em until i get bored or find a better one lol

maybe FF8 is the only one i'd play over and over again. no other RPG. FFX blitzball only(i loved it)

10. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

lulz.
    CS = Counter Strike. <3
    I've started playing Call Of Duty 4 though. Zo-my-godness

I have my FF8 cds lying around. I haven't had time to play it ever since I bought it lol

11. miahman

miahman Newbie

i'm not a fan of FPS unless its an arcade machine with guns to hold. (i dont like stealth games either)

lmao you don't have time to play FF8 rofl

c'mon man you gotta play it:evil:

12. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

You mean like that arcade shooting game there... Time something I think? I forgot its name.

lol. when I bought it, I installed it directly and starting playing asap. But after 10 minutes there wasn't enough action so I took a break and went back to finishing FF7. The Summer ended and since then no time heheh. No worries, I will pull it out during this summer, and hopefully I won't get distracted by playing Fable instead :haha:

13. miahman

miahman Newbie

lol ur playing a free mmorpg over FF8 ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

miahman faints

its quite borin at the beginning but its by far the best FF i played. i tried playing FF7 but i played it too late. i mean he graphics looked like squares to me.

time crisis and someother ones. lol i dont know there names... wen i feel rich i just play some of them

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  14. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Nyah, Fable isn't a MMORPG as far as I know. It's a standalone RPG and it's quite fun. Graphics are all pretty lol

Yeah, Time Crisis, that's the one I was thinking about. ;)

15. miahman

miahman Newbie

hmm free RPG might try that after playing valkyrie profile 1 and 2 XD

16. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Valkyrie? It's on playstation only rite?
    Hmmm.. got any suggestions on some PC RPGs?

17. miahman

miahman Newbie

i dont play PC RPG mainly cos my pc is shit.

but i play this strategy game called Gadget Trial. mecha turn based

and the others i know are mmorpg

valkyrie is only on playstation. but it looks good and i WILL pla it sooner or later XD

18. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Gadget Trial looks pretty neat. Not too found of turn based games after playing Civilisation 4, but I'll give it a whirl during Summer :)

19. miahman

miahman Newbie

if u can read japanese then you are a lucky bastard (in a good way of course)

cos you can play PS2 and PS1 super robot wars.

i always hated mecha stuff. i used to hate it when my uncle used to watch gundam wing on cartoon network. but after playing english super robot wars in english on GBA i fel in love with turn based and RPG mecha games. and i got all the anime of SRW lol.

try SRW OG 2 on GBA. i loved it.
    3 fav mechas:
    1. black mecha with attack called 'zankantou' [controlled by main guy's dad]
    2. the tiger mecha legend
    3. the dragon mecha legend

20. Yukirin

Yukirin Newbie

Your first Fav mech is call Dygenguard (Dynamic General Guardian). Zankantou is call Colossal Blade in the English localization

Dragon mech and tiger mech which are transformable between 2 are called RyuKoOh(Dragon Tiger Lord) and KoRyuOh(Tiger Dragon Lord). Their first debut was on SRW alpha.

If you like SRW OG/OG2, wait until you play PS2 version, you'll get addicted watching all their attack moves. Especially SRW OG Gaiden. Playing Ex-hard mode for SRW OG Gaiden now. Really test out your tactic and planning in this game.

Btw, you don't need to understand Japanese entirely to play this game. As long as you understand their command menu is good enough. If you wish to know their story, visit the fansite of SRW (recommend Super Robot War Genesis) for their translation. The game trailer is all over youtube. So go have a look. I think I should stop typing before my post consider spamming.

Last edited: May 27, 2008