Geforce 7500 le Problem

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by nemo, Jan 18, 2011.

1. nemo

nemo Newbie

I have an HP m7747c using the NVIDIA Geforce 7500 le video card. I have had it for several years and it has done well. I now have a problem with the 7500 le card and looking for some advice. I have worked in computers (many many many many year back) and still have a little knowledge about them but have not kept up with the latest and greatest. It started with black screen after booting (may have been a virus) and vertical lines on the screen when starting the boot up. Four lines then four blanks then four more lines, etc. all the way across the screen. I ran diags and had a failure on the video crd memory - no problem just replace the crd. I ordered a new crd and when I installed it the system would not even recognize the board. Could not even get the boot up or diags to run. So thinking it was a bad card from the company I called and they sent me another one. Had the same results with it. So I decided to get local repair service to fix it. They took it and found virus on system and got my original video board to work. Said the pins were not aligned???? At any rate the system worked again for several months and is now doing the same black screen with vertical lines and fails the same video test (memory on crd). I have found no virus on system now. I would like to know if there is a problem with the pin alignment on these boards? I don't mind buying another video card but since this one has worked I would like to keep it unless it really has a problem. If you should need any more info just let me know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Ed

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I seriously doubt it's a "pin alignment" problem because PCI Express graphics cards can only fit the socket if they are inserted correctly. What they probably meant was the card may not have been seated properly, or the PCI Express slot contacts are not in proper contact (corroded / dirty).

You can try reinserting the card and see if that helps. You might want to check the capacitors on the graphics card as well as the motherboards and see if any look "bloated".

3. nemo

nemo Newbie

Adrian, thanks for the reply. I agree the pins should mate up fine. I have reseated the board several times while checking the pins. It snaps in place like it should and appears to be installed correctly. The only reason I wonder is the tech that got it working told me it was not aligned. I have sent him an email but not heard back so far. I also was wondering why the two replacement boards were not recognized by the system????

I hate to buy another card to just have it do the same thing. Since I am replacing the board with the same part number I would not think I would need to replace the driver?

I will check the caps but when I looked if over before I did not see anything that looked NOT normal.

Thanks Again
    Ed

4. Adrian Wong

I don't think you should just buy another card. You should try testing the graphics card in another system and see if that works. If you have a spare card on hand, you should also try it so you can isolate the fault - whether it lies with the motherboard or the graphics card.

5. nemo

nemo Newbie

Adrian, don't have access to another system....:(

Ed

6. Adrian Wong

Then it would be very tough to figure out if it's the motherboard or the graphics card at fault.

But if you keep getting different graphics cards and they all won't work with your motherboard, it's likely that it's the motherboard that is the problem.

7. nemo

nemo Newbie

I did check all the caps and nothing looke abnormal. I am going to take my video board to a local shop and ask them to test it for me. If the get the same failure I will buy another video card and give it another try.

Wish me luck - I need it.
    Thanks
    Ed

8. Adrian Wong

Well, good luck, Ed! :thumb:

9. k44k

k44k Newbie

Don't know if it will help but try removing the old video card drivers completely & install the latest drivers from Nvidia. Be sure to choose custom install option & select clean install.

10. yoda1970

yoda1970 Newbie

Another 7500LE problem....

Hi guys, i hope somebody can help me. This problem has been buggin me for a while now. I bought a pc off ebay a few months back, its a P4 3ghz, 2gb ram, 500gb hdd, and it has a geforce 7500LE 512mb graphics card in it. Now the problem i'm getting is that when i'm playing certain games, (the known ones that cause the problem at the moment are F.E.A.R, Doom 3, Rainbow 6 Vegas), the games play absolutley fine for a few minutes and then the display scrambles, the pc crashes and i have to do a hard reset to get the pc to come back on as everything just locks up. I've tried downloading the latest drivers from the Nvidia site, i've also made sure all the other drivers/updates are all up to date/downloaded. This problem really is baffling me at the moment as other games play fine, i can play dead space with no problems. The pc is running winxp sp3 by the way. I'm thinking of buying an EVGA Geforce GT610 at the moment as there is one going really cheap on ebay, would that solve the problem? Or is there something else i can do to get the current card to work properly? Thanks for any help you can give me, and sorry for such a long first post guys! :oops:

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Did you check if the card is overheating? Have you tried GPU-Z to check for the temperature?

12. Adrian Wong

Yeah, sounds like it's overheating...

Can you check if the graphics card fan is spinning at all?

13. yoda1970

yoda1970 Newbie

I can hear a fan spinning quite regularly, i've not heard of GPU-Z do i download that from somewhere? Would i get the same problem if i got the other card i mentioned, or would that have its own fan? Sorry, i'm new to all this, i just want to get the best out of my set up. Thanks for the replies guys.

14. yoda1970

yoda1970 Newbie

I've just installed GPU-Z and ran it, i checked the temperature with the card at idle and it was 75 degrees, then i did the render test and the temperature went up to 89 degrees, i did hear a fan kick in but it seems to be a bit intermittent.

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hmm, that's pretty close to the temperature limit. Try putting a fan beside the card to see if that helps.

16. yoda1970

yoda1970 Newbie

What could be causing it to overheat? it's done it since i got it. If i got the geforce GT 610 2gb would that solve the problem? Thanks again for the advice.