getting to know mr.PEAZ!!!!!

Discussion in 'Spotlight!' started by Mad1, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Enough of an Old Toad :p

Now is the time for the 'Dude' :mrgreen:

Ladies and Gentlemen...please welcome...

MR.PEAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

GETTING TO KNOW YOU..
    What's your full name?
    Ng Yin Chern. But most of my friends call me Ken.

What is the origin of your ARP name? What does it mean?
    Peaz? Well, during my younger days, I was into the game Wing Commander 2. The game requires me to enter a callsign. And since I was into all the woodstock stuff and alternative rock music :nuts:, I have myself the callsign "Peace". And it stuck to me for quite a while until I finally got online. But by the time I got online, "peace" was already used for most of the free online emails at that time. Thus, I required an alternative... so "Peaz" was born. Yes. It's pronounced "Peace" not "P-S" ;)

Your age:
    2234 - 124 + 23 - 995 + 25 - 8852 + 7713

Your height?
    About 167cm I think.

Where do you live?
    Pee-Jay, Malaysia

Hair color?
    Black

If you could dye your hair any color, what would you choose?
    Urm... Black? Well, I've thought of dye-ing it a little bit brown actually. But on second thoughts, maybe not.

Do you shave?
    Yes.

Eye color?
    Brownish I think :p

Do you wear contacts/glasses?
    Glasses

Do you use protection when errrrrr..you know
    When I surf the Internet? Of course! My anti virus protects me well from virusses and worms ;)

Occupation?
    Consultant for a Management Consulting firm

Can you lick your elbow?
    No. Well, at least I tried

Can you move your ears?
    As hard as I tried, nope.

Curl your tongue?
    YES!!!

Do you drive fast?
    Depends, but usually no. Well, my Proton Saga can't go that fast anyway.

Do you sleep alone? hehehehe
    Well, I have my brother as my roommate... until we move to a new place eventually. ;)

How many different cities have you lived in?
    Two, my hometown in Bukit Mertajam, Penang and here right now at Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

What's on your bed other than you and your pillow?
    Another pillow, blankets and occasionally my laptop.

Do you use mouse pad?
    Yes. And no it's not an A4 paper :p

Do you enjoy reading?
    Yup! Always had.

Your most prized possession?
    Hmmm I guess I can't really say Leian cos she's no object but a person, right ;) Oh well, keeping in terms of an object, hmm. I think it would be my dad's Nikon F2A manual body with his array of lenses and flashes that he passed down to me along with the FinePix S7000 that I bought.

The next event/acquisition you're looking forward to?
    Well, I just got a notebook actually (but at this point of time that I'm answering this interview questions, the notebook still hasn't got delivered to me yet! Grrr..). Probably a Nikon DSLR body. Maybe the D70 or a newer model if Nikon decides to release them sometime late next year. Also, if I can afford, a PocketPC PDA-Phone.

Hmm as for event? I suppose my 1st Valentines day with Leian. Yes, yes, Valentine's over-rated. I know. Still, it's a date to look forward for right? ;)

FAVORITE THINGS...
    Favorite food?
    Anything that's GOOD! But here's some of my favourite: Roasted pork, Penang curry mee, anything potato, curry chicken.

Favorite drink?
    Coke.

Favorite car?
    Nissan 350Z and probably the Lotus Elise

Favorite restaurant?
    Hmmm. I guess it might be TGI Fridays. Nice atmosphere, nice food, superb Mud Pie (Thanks to the black sheep for always reminding us to try out the Mud Pie at TGIs!!!)

Favorite sports?
    Tennis. Used to play it during my school days. But haven't picked it up ever since :p

Favorite time of the year?
    Holidays.

Favorite relaxation spot?
    At home.

Favorite music?
    Anything but manufactured pop, boy bands and girly bands. A particular favourite is progressive trance (Paul Van Dyke, Oakenfold and the likes)

Favorite board game?
    I think it's got to be Monopoly, the classic one. Mayfair!!! :haha:

Favorite PC game?
    So far... it would be Planscape: Torment. Simply the best game I've ever played in terms of the storyline and gameplay.

Favorite book or dirty mag?
    Book, no dirty mag for me. Hmmm I think it's The curious incident of the dog in the night time

Favorite cartoon now?
    Hmm... interesting question. I'm not sure if Anime counts or not but if it does... then Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away. :p
    Otherwise, X-Men?

Favorite movie so far?
    The Lord of the Rings!!! All three of them!!!

Favorite actor or actress?
    Actor: Tom Hanks. I think he's a very good actor.
    Actress: Nicole Kidman.

Favorite pr0n site?
    Seriously, I don't visit them.

ON ARP...

Discovered it through:
    Well, Adrian was my senior at my high school and had always been getting hardware advices from him. So, getting to know about ARP was of course through him!

Most frequently visit: (i.e. BOG, which forum, news, reviews, etc)
    Urm, everywhere since I'm the webmaster? ;)

Fondest memory/Best thing about ARP?
    The team and the members. Everyone's just like family, no matter the age, race, ethnic and borders. :D :thumb:

Person you would most like to meet from the community?
    Isthim. All those astronomy stuff is just way too cool!

One thing you'd like to see on the site:
    More growth in terms of published articles and reviews, more members joining into the ARP community, a bigger team ARP joining in the cause to bump up the overall tech community of Malaysia!

Is that you in your avatar?
    Oh yeah! Taken by Leian too!

LIFE AS A BIG PICTURE...
    What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
    Is today Saturday?

If I had a lot of money, I would...
    No work and just do ARP stuff from home. Cook for my family. Spend time with my friends. Buy all the cool gadgets and camera equipments I'd always wanted. Spend the money with my life partner, family and friends. Yes, everyone in ARP is invited too. :haha:

If I had the time, I would...
    Travel around the world and visit all the places in the world, photographing them all too.

What inspires you?
    Leian: She inspires me to do better in life and grow towards becoming a better person.
    ARP: ARP inspires me in the way that somehow, I know I'm contributing back to the community in a rather unique way.

Lifetime goals?
    Hmmm. Basically to make a change to another's life. Be it my life partner, my family, my friends, the ARP community, any just about anyone. How I'm to do it is the tricky part. But I think, through ARP, I can achieve this; To help grow the young and energetic team of reviewers and help shape the tech community.

Can we have a picture of you?
    Sure. My avatar is basically myself anyway. But here's another pic of me at my office. [​IMG]

Do you have a pet? Please tell us about your pet(s).
    Nope.. no pets. Used to have a cat, but he passed away already.

What are your current System Specs?
    Nothing special, but here it is.
    AMD Athlon XP @ 1.5GHz
    ABIT NF7-S
    Powercolor Radeon 9800 SE
    WD 80GB HD
    ASUS DVD-ROM
    Lite-On 40x12x48 CDRW
    Viewsonic P95f+ CRT
    Logitech Elite Keyboard
    MS Intellimouse Explorer Ver 3

That's about it.

What is the craziest/most impressive thing you ever done?
    Surviving my uni and still pass with a degree. Well, on my final and last semester, I basically skipped all the classes except for the ones that was too small for the lecturer to miss my presence. Also, I skipped a few pop-quizes and tutorial that carried marks to the finals. And the craziest would probably be missing the mid-term exam for one of my papers because I didn't even know there was an exam in the first place. :D

Are you good in gaming?
    Not really. I'm just an average player that's able to finish games at normal difficulties.

Are you good at any outdoor sports?
    Err... Never really was any good. The best would probably be Tae Kwan-Do but I stopped a couple of years after I got my black belt. Played a little of tennis too, but never was that good. I can smash balls, volley them well, hit baseline to baseline like there's no tommorow, but I can't serve the ball! :wall:

Can you cook anything good other than maggie mee?
    Yes. Ask Leian. :D I can cook curry chicken! Urm, I used to cook fried noodles for my brothers last time. Now, I've learnt a bit on how to cook pasta, thanks to Leian!

Your ride?
    A 1986 Proton Saga 1.3. Bought it second hand. As long as it moves me from one place to another, I'm happy. :D

Other than PC, what other electronic devices do you own?
    My FinePix S7000 digital camera, an old HP Jornada 545 that's still going strong! And my handphone of course.

What is the farthest that you have traveled from home town?
    Johor, a long time ago.

Who are you going to interview next?
    Marauderz. Our resident gadget guy! :D

Thank you peaz :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2004
  2. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

what....u play tennis..i didnt know that...we have to play one day......BTW that was fast mad1....i hope this is not a scheme where u try to distract ppls attention away from you

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

WOAH!! I was caught by surprise too! So fast! :shock:

ROTFL!! :haha:

Hey, move to a new place? Where? And with whom? :wicked:

4. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Damn!...how do you know? ;)

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

wah .. Mad1 very fast ler :haha: no one can beat you

hmm so peaz.. plays tennis.. but cant serve.. i find ther serving part the most difficult .. :haha:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nuts...LOL! So fast.

I knew most of the answer... :shifty: :lol:

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

peaz.. what notebook are you getting ? .. :mrgreen:

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Let's try something cheeky... :wicked:

What do you intend to do on your first Valentine's day with Leian? :wicked:

9. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

^^...that, I want to know :wicked:

1 person likes this.
  10. Jet

Jet Just Started

Why Saturday? :D

11. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

saturday == weekend == holiday == no work...

12. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

lol yup! that's right! and today's saturday!!! :thumb:

That's for me to know and for you to MYOB.. LOL! :naughty:

:wall: With my bro to the same place la... somewhere in PJ too. CUrrently not really liking it too much here because I aren't too close with the other housemates and also that I rather have less people in a house.

Well, I used to play tennis but that's so long ago :( I guess by now.. I probably can't storke as well anymore.

Sigh... I think I'll wait until it comes 1st before I tell you guys. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for the notebook to get delivered for so long already. :wall:

13. Jet

Jet Just Started

Why not Sunday?

14. peaz

That's because Sunday is the last non-working day and Monday is the next day!

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

i found this very :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

:haha: :haha:

eh peaz, are u getting any pets anytime soon? a doggy maybe? :mrgreen: golden retriever :drool: :drool: like adrian's tobe so cute :thumb:

16. peaz

nope. no pets anytime soon. but would love to get a dog in the future. :)

17. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Ah...interesting interview! :thumb:

Just thought of asking some guestions...

1)From the interview, it's quite apparent ARP and Leian are quite prominent in your life now. Do you find it straining at times managing ARP, Leian and your job (not forgetting photography) at the same time...all time eaters. :confused:
    2)What do you consider as your most important contribution to ARP? :think:
    3)Frankly, now that you found a tree, do you consider her to be bossy, philosophical and most of the time...calling the shots? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (Hang on to your safety belt Leian!)
    4)If given a free choice, which country would you like to visit first, and why? :eh:

:beer:

18. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Just so you do not forget, you should try out the High & Mighty Pie in Chilis and prepare to battle it out with Leian for a share cause it's that good. :D

19. Jet

Jet Just Started

You guys don work on saturday? :shook:

That's nice..

20. peaz

1) well, at times yes. we all only have 24 hours so it's always not enough :) But so far, everything is good... I try to adjust as best as I can.
    2) I guess that'll be the web backend that the site is running on now. But of course, nothing is even possible if not for the team support... :) :arp:
    3) Haha... no, we run on a very democratic approach and discuss everything on the table ;) SO it's all good.
    4) I suppose it'll be Canada because it's Leian's favourite country and I've heard so many wonderful things about it

:beer: