Gran Turismo 5 thread!

Discussion in 'Games' started by PsYkHoTiK, Nov 27, 2010.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

A thread to start chatting about GT5. Post PSN ID names if you want to race online! :wave:

Mine is the same as my forum nick.

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Minor gripe: There really isn't THAT many cars really. It kinda sucks that my S4 isn't even on it (standard nor premium) cars. There are a lot of "standard" cars though (and those are all "used" so you have to keep checking to see what might pop up).

Some of the tracks I like are missing now. A glaring one is Infineon...

I hope some DLCs will help with these...

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Thankfully there's possible 'upgrades' with DLC.

But I guess it's not so bad, since the 'premium' cars are very detail. Still waiting for mine to arrive... :(

4. Chai

Woohoo! Mine has just arrived!

5. Chai

Just completed iB license gold trophy. Wow, the brake tests are quite difficult. I hate them.

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

The hardest for me are the Nascar Special Events (specifically the second level)... :wall:

I've been OCDing on the licenses trying to get as many gold as possible. :lol:

7. Chai

I'm at level 10. I was using an old Bluebird to complete some lvl 0 stages. :haha: Then I bought an EK9, then I blew the rest away... :haha:

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LOL I just saw that you're going gold trophy crazy huh... :o

I just bought my first car. GTR SpecV (though I was on the fence between this and the Gallardo - maybe that'll be the next one)

Attached Files:

9. Chai

Looks like Nurburgring Dunlop hairpin.

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yup! I was battling the pesky McLaren F1 over the past few corners. The AI was actually fairly decent at that (battled over a few corners - pic below was my first attempt and we were side by side to the next corner). The event prior was 3 laps on Daytona from a rolling start and I got pwnt... :haha: So I did the GranTurismo thing and souped up the car a bit (not fully modded)... :whistle:

Attached Files:

11. Chai

I'm much better at completing the race. I couldn't handle the stupid timed tests, not especially the brake tests. It's not about skill anymore.

Graphically, I think it is not that great, some bugs are fairly obvious. But it is really about the game. If you own a steering wheel, this is a must have game, better if you have G25/27. Clutch FTW!

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I can't get past the damn nascar intermediate events... :wall: Quite frustrating. Maybe I'm better at turning right then left... :lol:

13. Chai

I've completed the karting one. It was so easy. I will try the Nascar one tonight.

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Been playing with my brothers online. Also bought a car that we're thinking of getting as a track car IRL (nice, cheap, and old - a slow car you can drive fast).

Attached Files:

15. Chai

I've just finished the Nascar intermediate. Wasn't too difficult for me.

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I don't know why I can't seem to nail it... Care to share techniques? :p Did you hug the outer wall or somewhere in the middle? My brothers both got it, its just me that can't seem to do it (and when I have em try on my game, they can't do it...)

17. Chai

I think the line is not important, because you are not allowed to switch lines anyway. The key here is when to slow down and when to accelerate. I can't remember if I dropped down to 3rd gear or not. There's no need to brake.

18. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Still waiting for mine to show up, got it for $49 shipped so i'm not complaining too much. Can't wait to try it out.

19. Chai

Wow, the Top Gear Test Track Intermediate is quite tough. I tried playing with manual shifter, minimal traction control, minimal ABS. Elise is one tough car to drive fast...

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Where did you get yours from? NewEgg had it for $49 shipped too I think.

Yeah it is quite tough... :( I still have to work on trying to pass that.