Graphics Help

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by trkorecky, Dec 19, 2004.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Application Preference is the one. Just make sure that in game its set to "none".

2. trkorecky

trkorecky Newbie

It seems to be running okay for now. I downloaded Rage3d and tweaked a few things. Still not 60+ fps, but it's good enough for when I play.

3. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

that's good. have fun. =)

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

So no more lags? I hope the problem is solved... ;)

5. well, there is still that problem of it not looking as good as it could :thumb:

6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Good! :thumb: Enjoy your games :mrgreen:

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Thats not really an issue as its the best that the system can do right now.. ;)

8. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

well it's the functionality that matters. :)

9. well, with the new generation of cards, then you can have both.. :thumb:

10. trkorecky

trkorecky Newbie

Well it works, but there's crackling audio and some graphical abnormalities. I'd take a screenshot, but I can't seem to find a place where it happens. I've only really seen it in shadowed areas, and it displays a few lines and such. I don't think it's heat-related, but setting-related.

11. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

crackling audio, if ur on an nforce2 (idunno what you have), then you'd needa get a heatsink on the southbridge.

12. trkorecky

trkorecky Newbie

Nope. Any other suggestions?

13. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

uninstall, driverclean, then reinstall motherboard drivers.

14. trkorecky

trkorecky Newbie

Motherboard Drivers? Like, BIOS, or something different?

I could try to do that with the sound drivers and see what goes down...

15. trkorecky

trkorecky Newbie

I uninstalled, Driver Cleaned, and installed latest audio drivers, and that fixed the crackling audio. Also did the same, but installed latest Omega drivers instead of ATi's Cats. Doesn't seem to have changed anything, but it's running alright for now. Guess I'm still limited until I get better cooling for the Radeon.

16. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

yay. you should consider something like the vga silencer for ur card. gl!

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, the Omega Drivers generally give better IQ and improve performance just a tad... ;)

18. trkorecky

trkorecky Newbie

Everything seems to be running better. I've tweaked a few more settings in UT2k4, am using those two driver updates I've posted before, and always make sure to keep running processes to a minimum (I think my average is about 20-25 and I've not yet done any of Black Viper's service tweaks).

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Thats good to know.. ;) Congrats... :clap:

20. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

really? i havent really noticed a difference. i only use omega drivers for mobile systems.