GTA IV

Discussion in 'Games' started by The_YongGrand, Dec 1, 2008.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hey there,

Since GTA IV is based on Liberty City once more time, is the city's layout close to that of the original GTA III or they have changed the layout again? If not so, could it be another deja-vu experience of roaming around the streets in GTA 4? :)

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Way different. No characters (save Lazlo the DJ) are in GTA IV.

3. The_YongGrand

Wow... So I guess I have to relearn the routes in the city again.

The GTA III's city layout is so head spinning! :haha: But, Vice City is easier to navigate.

Do they have another round of those "Remote Control" missions and also do they have those "simulation" stuff like the one in GTA:SA? (Muscle, Fat, Food, Energy thingy?) :haha:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Nope. None of those. Rockstar stated that this time they are focusing on the world and not so much on the character.

The AI and graphics (as well as the physics with people) are completely different. The only thing that it shares with previous GTAs is the humor. Other than that, its pretty much a brand new game.

And no worries about learning routes. There is in game GPS.

5. The_YongGrand

Thanks for the info dude. I ask because you might have covered every inch, nook and cranny of that city in the game, as you have received the prize from Rockstar studios.

I know there's GPS for each of the game, but the Liberty City's layout is the most complex one among all of the GTA games. :haha:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Even the 'health boosting' is quite different from previous games. LMAO! Me and psykhotik were always joking, 'did you ask for refund?' :haha:

And there are free ways to get health boost too!

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Not at all man. Just ask away... :beer:

I love the key. It complements my GTA IV license plate, GTA IV safety deposit box, GTA IV vinyl stickers, and Rockstar keychain very well... :mrgreen:

LMAO!

Yeah there are three 'types' of health 'boosts' to choose from.

8. Chai

I'm only at 60%+ haha...getting a bit bored already. A bit too hard to get free health boost now.

9. The_YongGrand

Wow, that's pretty good!

I love to get the casual package of the GTAIV only. Today's the release date, but they said only the shipment will arrive on 5th December.

If there's no weird aeroplane missions (GTA:SA) and weirder remote-control missions (VC and SA) and racing missions I might be enjoying the game much. Sometimes those are very tiring.

I prefer the wild car chase and escape missions which is the most exciting part of the game.

Also, Psy, are some of these missions tedious, like uh.. if you played SA, one of the missions in SA (iimnm) where you storm the Mad Dogg's house? One missed step in the house or lost the target, you gonna start all over again! :haha:

On top of that, do they have anymore of those timer-based missions? Some timer-based missions are ok, but some of them are downright too impossible (like GTAIII - take 10 cars and put into garage)... :haha:

10. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

I agree, those things were really frustrating for me when I played GTA :/

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Nah, no weird stuff like the RCs (I found them annoying :\ ). I don't think there is really any timed base missions but there are chase missions that can get pretty hard (traffic fodder ftw). Also, there are some REALLY tough missions (so I guess yes to the mad dogg question). You won't get tired of the excitement and thrill of blasting through traffic. There are no flyable planes in the game but there are choppers (as well as a Police Gunship when you beat the game - but no rockets).

12. Chai

I love racing missions. :thumb:

13. The_YongGrand

Overall this game is pretty good! I love the story in the game, it gives a cinema-feel. It's like watching a TV series. The jokes they cracked, is really funny. The Brucie mission part is even more funny when Roman tried to make Niko's profile in a dating site with his wacky descriptions! :haha:

14. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Yeah, the dialogs can be really hilarious sometimes :mrgreen:

15. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

haha i haven`t even finnish SA yet :p

16. The_YongGrand

Even the humour extends to the Internet in the game. :haha:

Quite crude, but I lol'ed until my tears literally come out when I saw "Pisswasser" ad. You know, the funniest advertisment I found was "Krapea" store.

Couldn't contain my laughter when they have all the un-inspiring names in their furniture like "Slapdash" and "Shodi" with the Swedish accents peppered in the names. :haha: :haha: :haha:

17. Chai

I want 'free' service!!!