Has anyone managed to access their Unifi e-mail recently?

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by atwl77, Dec 10, 2013.

1. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Mine seems down, says invalid username or password, since yesterday. No maintenance announcement specific to email services, don't see anyone else complaining on forums...

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I never use their provided e-mail accounts. Most people don't, I think, which is why you don't see people complaining.

You should definitely call them up to sort it out ASAP.

3. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

lol turns out TM is cancelling their email services. No more tm, streamyx, unifi, etc mail.

4. Adrian Wong

Seriously??? I don't think I got the memo, if there's one. Shouldn't they inform everyone about it? I know some companies are still using their old @tm.net.my email accounts.

Okay, found it. I don't remember being informed...

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Never used it before. I'm guessing maybe they just wanted to save up from needing to pay licenses to 'the company i work for' for the email servers which they use.

6. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

That notification email can be easily go unnoticed, because the first paragraph starts off about not accepting e-mail registrations anymore. So at first glance it doesn't look like a service discontinuation message at all if you read the first paragraph and skipped the rest.

7. Adrian Wong

Me neither... fortunately.

Whether it's to save cost or reduce administration, cutting off people's e-mail accounts is really FUBAR, especially if you don't even inform them properly.

Imagine if they have been using that e-mail address as their only e-mail account for years. They will lose a lot of mail and have to then inform everyone they are communicating with to switch to a new e-mail address.