HDTVs : Plasma or LCDs?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Astro feed quality is so poor I could care less if there's any difference with 100Hz. :lol:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!!! The quality is quite bad sometimes. Sigh... When will they upgrade to HD? :(

With that said - 100 Hz delivers a significant visual quality improvement at least for CRT TVs, even for Astro. But you have to compare them side by side (or turn it on or off) to see the difference.

3. Chai

It's not the resolution, it's the compression.

4. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

So have anyone got anything yet? Getting my cheap LCDTV deliver tomorrow.. yay!

5. Adrian Wong

Lucky you!! I heard you are really busy with your new house! :twisted:

6. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

lol .. yeah, damn bz. small small prob like autogate bla bla bla .. neverending. My HDTV is still in a box ... I am waiting for my TV cabinet before getting it out .. sob ..

7. Adrian Wong

LOL!!! You can still use it on the floor la... It's not that heavy to lift when the TV cabinet arrives! :D

8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

9. Chai

It's a 720p panel. You sure you want to skip 1080p? :p

10. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

dont mind all that actually..buying for my parents enjoyment of analog astro :haha:

11. Chai

Oh....then it should be alright. :p

12. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

haha yea..should be fine for usage like that

maybe u guys got other recommendation that i can check it out..this shop i went to have limited choice but the price is very cheap..any other recommendation i'll have a look elsewhere and back to this shop for pricing :p

13. Adrian Wong

If they don't need 1080p... they can actually consider a plasma TV. I just compared the Samsung LCD TV and plasma TV side by side and man... the colour of the plasma TV is simply amazing.

IMHO, it's best to go to a large electrical appliance shop like Best Denki or Harvey Norman and check out the LCD/plasma displays there. Compare them... and you can order the one you want from a mom-and-pop electrical store for a LOT less! :D

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

actually settled for a plasma :haha:

samsung 42A410 for 2.9K :thumb:

15. Adrian Wong

Nice! That's pretty cheap! :D

What made you choose a plasma TV instead?

16. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

actually already made up mind for the lcd, when to the shop not much ppl take my sweet time go over again..ask the sweet girl to test astro and can see alot difference in PQ..the price is just RM100 more so just go for it

delivered half and hour later, setup everything and enjoy it until now :thumb: