Heatsink prob...

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by SkylineRemix, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

2. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Artic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound is good as well
    Arctic Cooling

It should cost about 6$.

About the fan, which fan size are you looking for?

3. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

a normal one i guess... i mean the one that can replace the stock CPU Fan and Heatsink.

I'm currently using the stock one btw

4. Mac Daddy

5. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

The Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro gets a vote from me: Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

Scythe Katana 2 and the Cooler Master TX2 are good as well

They uses the same push-pin configuration as the Intel stock heatsink though... you might not like it. I'm still looking for a good/inexpensive heatsink that has screw installation...

6. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

I have Asus Silent Knight II in mind... give me advice... please...

7. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

It's not the best value cooler out there. It's expensive, performs quite well but is reasonnably loud. How about a Thermalright ULTIMA-90? It has a custom mounting mecanism. It doesn't come with a fan, but I think it has much more value than Asus Silent Knight II when paired with a 8$ fan.

Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! USA

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You can't go wrong with a Thermalright! :)

9. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Ultima-90 does not have a fan? and erm... is Thermaltake available in Malaysia Market?

edit: I just read about the installation for extra fans on the Ultima. If so... please recommend me some good quality fan that can really cool down my CPU and long-lasting... My budget for this CPU cooler would be around RM 170.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  10. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Hmm.. not sure which case fans have the best value in Malaysia, but this one in Canada is quite good:

Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F:Scythe S-FLEX™ S-FDB 120mm FAN

11. Mac Daddy

Not really familiar with the Ultima-90 but looks a lot like the Coolermaster Hyper212 I will hopefully be reviewing this weekend. To be honest the fan mounting clips on the Ultima-90 look kinda cheesy :shock:

Anyway depending on how much of a hurry you are in to choose I am reviewing the Hyper212 with both 1 then 2 fans. I haven't seen a review using the second fan yet. I will be comparing this too the Scythe Katana2, AC Freezer 7 Pro and the Intel stock cooler for the E6550 I have :D

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It's Thermalright, not Thermaltake. Yes you can find Thermalright in Msia, but it's not very common.

I'm not sure I would call S-FLEX the best value fan, as it's very very expensive. Good, but very expensive.

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I saw Thermalright stuff in lowyat plaza the other day. TRUE, HR-01 Plus, HR-03 etc.

14. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Yeah, the MSRP is quite high: $20.
    But you can find the case fan for $10 in Canada, and that's pretty cheap compared to $20 Noctua fans :thumb:

15. Chai

I bought some cheap ICute fan for RM15 and it's really quiet!

16. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Whoops.. my bad... ^_^

Anyway... erm... i'll be going to Low Yat this sunday i think... Hopefully i don't go broke...
    Cooler Master TX looks nice to me...

17. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

i just check my Processor temperature just now... and guess what... it went up to 81 C when i'm playing games... gotta replace my fan soon....

18. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

btw, can the ThermalRight Ultima 90 run without a fan? i have some money issues for now... have plans of getting the fan later on...

19. Mac Daddy

I doubt it would be as good as the stock cooler with a fan. On coolers remember the Katana2 and Coolermaster Hyper212 are about 30 bucks CAD with a fan here. Not sure what they are where you are ....

20. Chai

Can't you afford a cheap Icute 120mm fan for just RM15?