Help me with wifi

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by PowerSlide, Dec 1, 2015.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Ubiquiti, my friend likes it I think, his manages it at his work.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think the higher end Asus series are quite pointless. It doesn't offer better range.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Ubiquiti and Meraki are really really really awesome.

one wifi network, tapping onto the same domain ID, spanning across 7 offices in Asia thanks to Meraki's cloud. It's so good my co bought 2 for home use.. hahaha. of course you will have to pay an annual subscription fees.

If you give 3 antennas to consumer grade maker, they use all 3 to broadcast the signals. When you give 3 antennas to Meraki, they say 2 is good enough, let's use the last one to jam hotspot!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Can't really fault Asus on the range though. Singapore condo walls damn kiasu. put a lot of wire mesh in the concrete. LOL. the signal drops really bad across walls.
    I almost have to have it at line of sight to get good bandwidth.

Which is why i'm very interested with the Ubiquiti's system and getting my network all meshed up.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. The Ubiquiti AP Pro AC version is going for US$300... but it looks (spec-wise) really neat. It even mounts in the ceiling if that's what you want.

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

And that's just for an access point.

7. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

i bought a cheap tm dir-615 flashed to dd-wrt pull the access point closer to the center of my house now the wifi is good

now everyone is happy :thumb:

Adrian Wong likes this.
  8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, serious money for an AP. The router is even more expensive... :D