If Half-Life 2 Was A Movie...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zenphic, Feb 18, 2008.

1. waynez

waynez Newbie

I understand there are quite a lot of people who like Halo so i guess it's just a matter of taste. I just think the game was intended for younger players :)

2. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I agree with you on that. I bought the game and played it all, but it wasn't as interesting and amazing as what the reviews said. :think:

3. waynez

waynez Newbie

Halo - just a game; Half Life - more than a game :thumb:

4. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

lol I can't say the same here because I never played the game. I do have Half-Life one... I'll play it during Spring break :thumb:

By the way, did anyone catch the last line in the video when the robot jumps? I can't make it out...

5. waynez

waynez Newbie

You missed out a lot, half life is a true legend. When you look at the game, most of the levels are a bit dull, the boss fight isn't extremly interesting but there's just something about the atmosphere that makes the game special. Also, keep in mind what that game meant back then.
    I recommend finishing half life at least to get the feel of the game and then move on to Half Life 2, the ultimate gaming pleasure. :mrgreen: Great locations, great enemies, much interaction with the enviroment, fantastic plot that always leaves you with questions and above all, still that fantastic atmosphere from the original half life. I rest my case :clap:
    About the video, i'll check it out again in a few days. I busted my monthly net limit so i have to wait :haha:

6. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Ahh! Don't encourage me to play the game; I need to study for my tests first! :doh: :haha:

Unlimited bandwidth ftw :thumb:

7. waynez

waynez Newbie

Yea i got a 4 GB monthly traffic limit :silenced:
    You should study and play half life in pauses because it's not short. After getting the grades, play half life 2 and go to bathroom in pauses. :thumb:

8. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I would if I had a laptop. I don't think I should play Half-Life 2 in the bathroom though; people will think that I'm "playing" something else :shock:

9. waynez

waynez Newbie

Hahaha probably. What i meant to say was like play half life 2 about 5 hours in a piece and then go to the bathroom if you have to. Then come back and then play 5 more hours and repeat the process until you finish the game :twisted:

10. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I'm guessing you used to do that? :lol:

11. waynez

waynez Newbie

I do it very rarely when i find out the game is actually worth the time. And HL2 is one of those games. :thumb:
    You have to try it man :D

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Indeed. Half Life was a true legend. I remember playing it with an Aureal A3D card. Man, the spatial awareness was incredible!