Intel 82801FB LPC Interface Controller – 2640

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CharlieR, Dec 8, 2004.

1. CharlieR

CharlieR Newbie

I have an ASUS P5AD2 Premium. I have an uknown device in Device Manager whose properties indicate an Intel 82801FB LPC Interface Controller – 2640. I've installed the most recent chipset. Does anybody know what this is and where I can get the driver?

2. wodenus

wodenus Banned

82801FB is the ICH for the 9x series chipsets. You generally don't need a driver for them. You can get the INF file here though :

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filter.asp?ProductID=816

1 person likes this.
  3. cpthk

cpthk Newbie

I have the same problem.
    And weird part is, after tried for hundred times, it just back to normal it self.
    Don't know why!?
    Anyone knows?

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Did you change any BIOS settings or update Windows before it "corrected itself"? :think:

5. cpthk

cpthk Newbie

I didn't change anything, maybe the windows update correct it. but don't seems like a bug in windows, cuz the same version windows install at the same computer before didn't happen.

6. cpthk

cpthk Newbie

1. Already contact asus united states, they always trying to send me away. They said the driver is from Microsoft, and want me to contact microsoft.(Everytime I call, they just try to send me away or answer some wrong solution.)
    2. Contact asus headquarter: ASUS Taiwan. Finally, I got the answer, they said that one is the AiBooster's device. You can either disable it in BIOS(under advanced -> jump free...) or install the driver from AiBooster software manually(after downloaded the AiBooster zip file, unzip it, it's under acpi or acpi64 with 64-bit directory. Of course, you still can install the whole AiBooster software).

Thanks, ASUS Taiwan, headquarter is really better than others. Thank you again. :clap:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow...cool. I never have that enabled on the testbed here. That's why I don't get that...