Interview with Chai aka Police

Discussion in 'Spotlight!' started by Leian, Sep 19, 2004.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I meant in a more ethical manner... :p

2. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

...and in a more subtle way. :mrgreen:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL! I'ts kinda true about the stabbing, both front and back!

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

And your manager wouldn't like it when you are trying to climb onto her/his head. S/he will of course try to defend his/her position. :D

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Would prefer to use the term highlighting your opponents weakness rather than stabbing plus I'm out there to make money and not friends. Furthermore, I don't hang out with my colleagues cause they're always colleagues, not friends and the fact that you let your guard down during your outings might prove to be your own undoing. :) Call me materialistic but that's just life and believe me, when you're high up on the corporate ladders, you'll have people walking up to you claiming to be your long lost relative and the likes capitalizing on your new found fortune.

6. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Don't you have colleagues that you could consider friends...not even one? :eh:

Sifu chai is also your colleague whet... :whistle:

7. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

Hey Jeremy,

Couple of thoughts on this (off-topic, I know, sorry!!!):
    1. You spend more time with your colleagues than anyone else. Wouldn't it be sad (and yes, it happens. I. Know.) if you couldn't at least get along with and like them?
    2. If I applied your attitude, I'd never have let my guard down enough to get with peaz. :oops: And what a tragedy that would have been....
    3. Certain, good colleagues can be your allies.. or teachers (okay, okay, maybe not your place -- except maybe Chai?) ... or at least can lighten the workplace environment with some fun (or commiserate -- or b****, pardon my language -- with you when things aren't going well.)

Not saying all colleagues are like that. But some may. :thumb:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

True. I'll be happy to say I've found not just good friends but even the one I come to love, leian of course, among my colleagues :) So.. basically, the key is to learn to judge a person well. Once you see and know one's true colour. Then, it's time to decide how you esthablish the line between you and him or her.

BUt like I said, I use to love and enjoy the work I had at my, now previous, company. The work and motivation was great. But all good things come to an end. Conventional jobs especially. Motivations can never stay high once you find out and realise that you're not being rewarded as you so deserve and when the management takes care of those who are 'their people'. Life's like that. For ethical people like us, we just move on and never play the suck-up game of corporate life.

9. Chai

Haha...Jeremy is scary indeed! :haha: Especially when I'm his colleague! :shifty: :haha:

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

digitalvoice: Reason being, we're professionals and we treat each other as one therefore making friends is not my top priority or the very least; our priorities. However, in Chai's case, it's a slightly different story and furthermore, I'll be leaving the company soon. :)

Leian: Frankly speaking, I've established principals against all forms of relationship at my workplace mainly as a safe-guard measure where I don't detract from my main objectives in life. Nevertheless friends are still important but would refer to them as mentors instead whereby I constantly capitalize on their advice for self-improvement.

Peaz: Being a hypocrite myself, I try not to judge a person as I truly believe: Assumptions Is The Mother Of All ****-Ups but nonetheless, it's still a very valuable trait.

11. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Professionals are humans too. Not only the way you carry yourself that is important, of equal importance is to recognise the need to co-exist among us. Not saying that you're all out to make friends but surely (or maybe I'm wrong :oops: ) there's a worthy few whom you could count on to extend a helping hand willingly even if you're no longer with the company. Do you consider them 'used' after extending their sincere help. How would it be if you're them? :think:

...at least I know now Sifu Chai is in good hands! :beer: :dance:

12. Chai

LOL! Don't call me sifu la, I'm still under Jeremy, so he's the sifu, right? :D

13. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

Jeremy, leaving the company soon? Where to?

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well, I don't consider my colleagues as my good friends, coz you just never know who might stab you at the back when you least expected it. :think:

I think I have to learn to keep my mouth shut on many things... Hmm... from the "3 years ago" me and the "now" me, I think I've became more open, and that's not a good thing. When you become more open, at the same time you are more vulnerable because those people will have more in their hands that could be used against you. :D

Now, the only people that I can consider friends are the ARP people, my secondary and uni friends. :cool:

Colleagues? Well, they come and go, but none came close to be considered a good friend yet. :wave:

15. Chai

This is my interview... :shifty:

16. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Leian: Hopefully it's either Datacraft/Citibank but then again I could probably just switch departments at my current company. :)

digitalvoice: Definately there are colleagues whom I may consider as 'friends' and to a certain extent, maybe willing to dispense advice/help should I require them however, my expectations are always kept in check which means I should always mind my own crap instead of bothering someone else and yes, the feeling of guilt runs through my veins should I take up on their offer. :(

By the way, Sifu Chai's definately in good hands but then again, even without me, he'd still be standing tall. :)

Dashken: Are you my long lost twin brother? ;)

17. Chai

There's one thing I really need to learn...keep my mouth shut! :shifty:

18. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

oh shit....sorry sorry....wrong thread :oops:

19. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

LOL! :haha: Yeah!. Both physically and at work. :thumb:

BTW, Sifu Chai gonna introduce ARP to all those around you soon? Celcom is a very, very big family! :shock:

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

hehe..
    however, if you do everything in the name, and for the glory of god, then it's totally a diff story :) motivation will still remain high. cuz it's not from "money eye" perspective.