Intreasting problem.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by 1031982, Dec 30, 2015.

1. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

It's looking like it was the RAM. I just won't say yes until that time us up. At that point, a week will have passed.
    I also uninstalled the drivers for thge onboard USB 3.1 controller. It's not in the MS database, so there is no auto-install.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

2. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Ok, it's been a week without a single issue!
    It was either the RAM or the on-board USB 3.1. Nice thing about this is it's real easy to test. I'll be installing the driver and see how everything goes.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. It should be the RAM unless you were using the USB 3.1 port?

4. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

I was, and am using the 3.1 port. However, given I haven't had a single problem with my system, I am going to say it was the RAM.
    I guess the board really dosen't want to work unless the RAM is certified. By default it has been using the XMP profile, so it's been running at a higher clock speed and tighter timings.

5. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I don't trust XMP. I disabled it on my system.

6. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Normally I would as well, however i got Corsair CMK8GX4M2B3200C.
    It's on the certified list, verified good up to two pairs, and tested with XMP.
    The previous stuff I ran at JEDEC for stability as well as it being reported to have issues with XMP.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

7. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

Ok, I got some free time coming up, and I'll get some pictures of the system and post them here. I know it's been a few months, but I have been busy with moving, school, and other aspects of life.