Ipad 3 Casing

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by belikethat, Apr 24, 2012.

1. belikethat

belikethat Newbie

I guess this topic fall under here since there no tablet thread.

So any ipad 3 user out there? Care to share casing for the new ipad.

I can`t believe casing can he so expensive 299 for smartcover from apple ? you kidding me ? that like 25% of my ipad value:wall:

Am looking at a smartcover + backcover combo, but they are all too pricey. :nuts: Even a screen protector could cost you rm100 :mrgreen:

Any alternative, i looking online to purchase now... :silenced:
  2. Avatar

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster

To be honest, you don't really need a screen protector. The screen is pretty tough by itself.

If you're on a budget for the case, just shop online! A lot of those China replicas works just as fine, albeit a bit lesser in quality and build.

But if you are willing to spend, I'm using the iPad 2 version of this case: BOOKSTAND3 Macally Peripherals
    A bit pricey but the build quality is awesome.

I used to have this case too for my iPad 2 before giving it to my dad. It's pretty awesome too, nice protection all around, but the extra weight is something you'd want to think about.

I've heard of good reviews of this Incase one and was actually looking for it before I bought the Macally one. Magazine Jacket for iPad 3rd gen by Incase
  4. Chai

Chai Administrator

Actually it should belong to the Mobile devices. :mrgreen:
  5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss

Chai's correct. I'm moving this there. :D
  6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss

I just bought the "new" iPad (or iPad 3 to the rest of us!) for my mother.

I agree with Ken - you don't need a screen protector for the iPad. Its Gorilla Glass screen is really tough. It also has a oleophobic coating so it's easy to wipe off oily fingerprints. If you put a screen protector over it, you will lose that ability.

I still haven't decided on the case yet.. Hmm...
  7. Chai

Chai Administrator

I would only use a screen protector on a phone, especially when they have to withstand keys and coins scratches from our pocket (handbag for the ladies).

For iPad, a good case would be a good idea, especially one that allows it to stand.
  8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster

i don't even use a screen protector for my iPhone 4s. Just a case that i'm even contemplating removing.
  9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Don't put your phone in the same pocket as your coins and keys... :doh:
  10. Chai

Chai Administrator

That's because I'm not as rich... haha...

I'm glad I use screen protectors. Lately, I've been cycling a lot, and the only reasonable place for me to keep the phone is in my bike pouch. And the things I keep in there are not very phone friendly (portable bike tool set, portable pump). The screen protector did keep the screen from getting scratched somewhat, and I've already changed a screen protector recently, and it only cost me like RM5 for 3 pieces from ebay. That's like nothing. :thumb:
  11. belikethat

belikethat Newbie

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss

13. Chai

Chai Administrator

It's crazy, everything is so much cheaper outside of Malaysia. Now I don't even bother shopping now. ebay is my best friend! I bought a phone casing for just RM12 with free shipping to my doorstep. I probably have to pay twice that and that doesn't include petrol and parking fees.
  14. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster

Agree with Chai. Nowadays, all the accessories I buy is off eBay...awesome stuff!
  15. belikethat

belikethat Newbie

16. belikethat

belikethat Newbie

late reply. item received and it good :thumb:

bought from seller in china thru tabao.com. also bought a SP for about rm20. Saw selling rm80 at senq. :nuts:
  17. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss

Are screen protectors really necessary with the iPad? I never used one with my original iPad and it still doesn't have a scratch on it.
  18. Chai

Chai Administrator

Yeah, I never bother with screen protector on my tablet too.
  19. minvita

minvita Banned

i am also want a cheaper one
  20. Braxton

Braxton Newbie

try shopping on amazon if you are looking for something relatively cheap, i have tried phone covers from there and the quality is not bad, I don't have any experience with ipad cases though